Event Policies & Guidelines
All in-person participants agree to comply with current health and safety guidelines related to public health emergencies.
Extended to all OSCPA members, their employees not eligible for OSCPA membership, and members of other State CPA Societies.
Nonmembers (if not eligible under OSCPA member fee definition) pay member fee, plus $50 per four CPE credit hours or $75 per eight CPE credit hours. For seminars less than four hours or more than eight hours, refer to course descriptions in OSCPA's online Professional Development Catalog.
AICPA members are eligible for a $30 discount for eight CPE credit hours on select AICPA seminars. Non-OSCPA AICPA members deduct the discount from nonmember fee. Discount must be requested upon registration. We regret that the AICPA member discount cannot be granted on or after the seminar date.
In recognition of the importance of providing the most current technical information available to those entering the profession, it is the policy of the OSCPA to provide registrations to OSCPA members that are full-time accounting educators at a reduced rate of 50% of the member fee.
NOTE: AICPA discount applies. We regret other discounts do not apply.
The Oregon Board of Accountancy's OAR 801-40-040 limits the CPE that licensees can claim in non-technical areas to 16 hours per renewal period. Non-technical CPE may be identified as interpersonal management skills, communication, public relations, practice development and business management & organization. This list is illustrative but not conclusive of subjects considered non-technical.
NOTE: To assist OSCPA program participants, the OSCPA Professional Development Strategic Committee has analyzed and indicated those programs that we deem as non-technical CPE. Those programs are indicated with the non-technical symbol [NT]. Licensees should be aware that according to the Oregon Board of Accountancy requirements, the responsibility for substantiating that a particular program is acceptable and meets the requirements rests solely with the licensee.
- You are encouraged to register at least three weeks prior to each program or event. Capacity may be limited. Registration for some programs and events may close weeks in advance. Likewise, if there is insufficient advance registration, the program or event may be cancelled.
- Walk-in registration on the day of the program or event will be accepted only if space allows.
- Walk-in participants should come prepared with their own electronic device fully charged.
- Cancellations received eight (8) or more days prior to the event will incur no penalty.
- Cancellations received seven (7) or fewer days prior to the event will be charged a $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Registration fees can be transferred any time prior to the event date and will incur no penalty.
- Requests for same day transfers for the same event (in-person / webcast) will not incur a penalty.
- Requests for same day transfers to a different event will incur a $25 cancellation fee.
- Requests for refund or transfer on or following the event date cannot be honored.
- Refunds will be returned to company/individual issuing original payments.
- Refunds, credits, and transfers are issued based on OSCPA Professional Development Cancellation Policy. They are issued in the form of full refunds and refunds less cancellation fee. (Refer to Cancellation Policy above.)
- Refunds will be returned to company/individual issuing original payment.
Refunds/credits will not be issued to no-show registrants. Materials will be provided to no-show registrants. (For Cancellation Policy, refer to above.)
Substitution of another individual for an established registrant will be accepted up to the start of registration of the in-person program.
Complimentary conference registration is offered as a benefit to those committee members actively participating on a project or strategic committee.
- Active participation is defined by attending, in person or via conference call, the majority of all planning meetings and/or attending the majority of planning meetings and finding conference speakers and topics.
- Complimentary registration is offered for the conference the committee is planning.
- The committee member's complimentary conference registration cannot be transferred to another event or participant.
NOTE: If you are a committee member who is also leading a presentation at a conference, you do not need to register yourself for the event.
In-person programs include refreshment breaks. Please refer to your registration confirmation to determine whether a luncheon is provided or contact the OSCPA Professional Development Division for assistance.
- Special Dietary Needs: Please indicate in writing on your registration form in the area marked “Special Needs,” online in your profile, or contact Professional Development at least seven days in advance.
- ADA: Please contact Professional Development upon registration. Advance notification appreciated so that we may properly assist you.
Please complete an evaluation form following every Professional Development program you attend. Your comments assist the OSCPA Professional Development Strategic Committee in providing quality programming and speakers in a comfortable and professional environment. We appreciate your feedback.
To ensure an optimum learning environment for all participants, cellphones should be silenced in the classroom. Laptop, tablet, and WiFi use should not interfere with your learning or that of others in the classroom
By registering for and attending any OSCPA event or program, you agree to the following terms and conditions: The OSCPA may audio and/or videotape and/or photograph participants and speakers/panelists at any OSCPA event. Pictures, audio recordings, or videotape recordings of OSCPA events may be used in future promotions for the Oregon Society of CPAs and/or its events, including in online and printed materials. Any pictures, audio tape recordings, or videotape recordings become the sole and exclusive property of the Oregon Society of CPAs.
- CPE credit is issued to participants based on their full attendance at educational programs according to the credit hours determined for program structure. Due to Oregon Board of Accountancy rules, participant’s individual CPE credit must be adjusted to an amount less than the total eligible credit if the attendee does not attend the entire program. In that instance, OSCPA will provide the attendee with an adjusted certificate of attendance reflecting the reduction of CPE credit. The participant’s signature on the Program Attendance Record is required for CPE credit to be issued.
- According to the Oregon Board of Accountancy’s Oregon Administrative Rules pertaining to Continuing Professional Education, eligible CPE credit is measured by program length, with one 50-minute period equal to one CPE credit. CPE credits can be awarded in one-fifth increments or in on-half increments (0.5, 1.0, x.2, x.4, x.5, x.6, x.8, etc.). Additional information regarding credit allowed and evidence of completion can be found by visiting the Oregon Board of Accountancy’s website under Administrative Rules 0030-801-040-0050.
OSCPA event participants are responsible for their own overnight lodging.
If an event is cancelled, the OSCPA is not responsible for penalties incurred by registrants who must cancel travel arrangements. If you are booking airline travel, etc., we encourage you to contact the OSCPA to determine if a class will be held prior to purchasing your ticket.
OSCPA is committed to providing a professional and welcoming environment for all participants in both in-person and virtual events. Please be courteous when posing questions to the presenters and when posting chats. Participant comments and questions should be constructive, supportive, and use appropriate language. Inappropriate posts will be removed. Overly disruptive behavior by any participant may result in removal from the event. The registration fees, if any, may be refunded at the descretion of the OSCPA.
- The opinions expressed by Discussion Leaders/Speakers and Panelists are not necessarily those of the Oregon Society of CPAs.
- The fees listed in OSCPA Professional Development publications/promotional materials are subject to change without notice.
- In the case of unforeseen circumstances, topics are subject to change.
- The OSCPA reserves the right to make Discussion Leader/Speaker substitutions at any time without notice.
- The OSCPA reserves the right to make facility substitutions and date changes as necessary. Although rare, if this does occur, we make every effort to contact each pre-registered participant in advance.
- The OSCPA reserves the right to refuse service.
- Conference and seminar titles and topics are subject to change.
NOTE: In compliance with the Oregon Smokefree Workplace Law, all OSCPA events will be conducted in non-smoking meeting rooms. Smoking is permitted during breaks in areas of meeting facilities where indicated.
OSCPA Webcast FAQs
User experience differs for each person. We recommend joining via desktop or laptop using the free Adobe App for the best experience. If joining by browser, Google Chrome is recommended.
There is a speaker icon at the top of the screen; it should be green. Make sure the sound is turned on for your computer and/or your speaker volume is up.
Make sure you have the webcast open only once in one browser.
We recommend that you watch the webcast on a hard wired laptop or desktop pc and to use Google Chrome as your browser.
OSCPA programs will indicate if one or multiple other credits options are available for that parogram. If you have any questions, email Professional Development or call 503-641-7200 / 800-255-1470, ext. 3.
While our standard is electronic materials, hardcopy materials are still available for all conferences and seminars. Just select the Hardcopy Materials option at Checkout.
NOTE: The deadline to request hardcopy materials is 2 weeks before the event date. If you're unsure of what you requested or would like to request hardcopy materials, please contact us at 503-641-7200 / 800-255-1470, ext. 3. or email Professional Development.
Electronic materials are available to download 1-2 business days prior to the course via an email sent to participants. Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list. Because internet quality and wi-fi access cannot be guaranteed at some facilities, we recommend you download your electronic materials prior to arriving at the event location.
Electronic materials can be viewed on your laptop, tablet, or favorite electronic device. Or you can print them prior to the course and bring them with you. It is recommended to have your device fully charged prior to arriving.
Electronic materials are provided in a PDF. We recommend having Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat, version 7.0 or higher. Download this free version of Adobe Reader so you can easily annotate your materials on your tablet or laptop.