About The OSCPA Educational Foundation
The Foundation helps to ensure that qualified candidates will be available to meet the growing demand for the CPA profession. Since 1985, The OSCPA Educational Foundation has awarded more than $2.3 million in financial assistance to over 1,300 deserving students.
Read the 2019-20 Educational Foundation Annual Report for a list of scholarship recipients and our very appreciated donors. (Watch for the 20-21 report in Summer 2021.)
- Increase the number of scholarships awarded to high-achieving college students pursuing a CPA career;
- Raise the dollar amounts of scholarships — critical in light of the increasing costs of higher education; and
- Offer scholarships that encourage candidates considering a career change to pursue an advanced education in accounting.
To achieve these goals, we have partnered with the OSCPA Career Development Committee to expose students to the accounting profession. The Foundation requests your financial assistance to help prepare and support a growing number of promising students.
Annually the Foundation strives to increase the number of scholarships offered to college students.
Your contributions are a vital part of ensuring enough accounting professionals for the future. By contributing to the Foundation you help students achieve their educational goals and secure a pipeline of qualified future CPA candidates in Oregon.
Many contributors have established and funded endowments that help ensure the continued success of the scholarship program. Donors may establish a new endowment or contribute to an existing endowment.
Established Endowment Funds
- Lynne M. Angland Memorial Endowment
- Stephen P. & Mayno Blanding Endowment
- Myron J. Fleck Endowment
- James B. Gaffney Endowment
- Robert L. Gantenbein Memorial Endowment
- Randell C. Guyer & Son Endowment
- Robert F. Isler Memorial Endowment
- Raymond & Marilyn Johnson Endowment
- Anna L. May Endowment
- Anna L. May 5th Year Endowment
- Suzanne P. McGrath Endowment
- Melvin T. Nygaard Endowment
- Jan Ellen Pailthorp Endowment
- Alan L. Steiger Endowment
- Donald L. Tang Endowment
Some members donate securities, establish an endowment through a life insurance policy, or include a bequest for the Foundation in their will. For more information visit our Planned Giving page or call 503-597-5472 / 800-255-1470, ext. 127.
For more information, contact Tonna Hollis; 503-597-5472 / 800-255-1470, ext. 129.