By Neil Amato at Financial Management on February 12, 2019
Mahatma Gandhi and Steve Jobs are often included on lists of history’s greatest leaders. But what about entertainer Madonna? Learn more about the traits that make a leader “legendary” in the eyes of Toronto-based management coach Mary Legakis Engel. This episode is the first of two parts. The second episode can be found here.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- The reason Mahatma Gandhi left his career as a lawyer (2:35).
- Why Mary Legakis Engel considers Madonna and Mr. Rogers legendary leaders (6:00).
- How leaders can put their foot down when necessary (10:34).
- The leadership traits of a “benevolent autocrat” (11:16).
- An explanation of three other leadership styles of behaviour (12:38).