Looking to get on the Oregon Board of Accountancy’s Municipal Roster?
As part of the admittance process for the Municipal Roster, CPE is required and is in six key areas:
- Audits of State and Local Governments (Note: fraud topics do not generally qualify)
- Governmental Accounting and Financial Reporting
- GAGAS - Generally Accepted Governmental Audting Standards / Yellow Book
- Audits of Federal Programs and Related Compliance - Single Audits
- Oregon Minimum Standards and Local Budget Law
Refer to the grid and requirements for specifics:
- Oregon Board of Accountancy licensing information
- Municipal Grid - This helpful grid is provided by the Oregon Board of Accountancy as a tool to assist licensees to meet the specific CPE requirements as set forth by licensing requirements.
Courses for admission must be classified as Basic (level 1) or Intermediate (level 2) or Introductory. The Grid is to be used as a guideline for determining training to meet Oregon Board of Accountancy Municipal Roster admission requirements. The Oregon Board of Accountancy does not pre-approve courses.
Note: The programs titles on the Grid are provided only as a guide for consideration in fulfilling the municipal roster application requirements. It is not intended to be an inclusive list of eligible courses, nor is it intended to identify the number of qualifying hours by subject. The applicant will need to determine the number of hours from each CPE course that fulfill the objectives of the six subjects included in the application. The hours allocation will need to be supported by the course objectives, outline, or course materials. It is up to the applicant to demonstrate that the minimum required number of hours of CPE has been obtained in each subject matter.
For licensing information, contact the Oregon Board of Accountancy at 503-378-2262