Here are a few things to help you prepare for Career Showcase:
Post your resume.
- If you didn't upload your resume when you registered, that's okay. Now is the time to update your resume and log back into your Brazen account and upload it for representatives to review. Employers are more likely to send candidates an invite to their booth if they have reviewed a resume.
Do your research.
- Now that you're registered, enter the OSCPA Virtual Career Showcase lobby to see the participating firms and businesses. Review their booth information and check out their website. Prepare questions that you would like to have answered during the event.
Practice your pitch.
- Practice your elevator pitch with a friend or in front of the mirror.
Dress for success.
- A cliche? Yes, but first impressions still count. Proper dress attire shows confidence, preparedness, and commitment.
- After Career Showcase, make sure you follow up with each representative you spoke with. It's important to stay connected with those you met to build your professional network.
Need help within the virtual platform?
- Click on the Chat Support speech bubble in the lower left-hand corner of your screen within the Brazen platform to connect with an IT person.