Here are a few things to help you prepare for Career Showcase:
Prepare your resume and social media channels.
- Now is the time to update your resume and clean up your social media channels. Firms and businesses will be doing their research on potential candidates.
Do your research.
- Now that you're registered, visit the Career Showcase Exhibitor page to see the participating firms and businesses. Review each exhibitor and check out their website. Prepare questions that you would like to have answered during the event.
Practice your pitch.
- Practice your elevator pitch with a friend or in front of the mirror.
Dress for success.
- A cliche? Yes, but first impressions still count. Proper dress attire shows confidence, preparedness, and commitment.
- After Career Showcase, make sure you follow up with each representative you spoke with. It's important to stay connected with those you met to build your professional network.