You’re invited to attend the 2017 OSCPA Professional Issues Update on December 7 via live webcast or in person at the Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel.
Keynote speaker Lawson Carmichael, executive vice president of strategy, people, and innovation with the AICPA, Durham, NC, will share a must-hear Accounting Profession Update.
Today, the profession stands at the precipice of change. Businesses and firms are dramatically changing their business models in order to remain competitive. Technology is fundamentally changing how, when and where we operate and allowing for the introduction of new services and drastically altering existing services. Artificial intelligence and Blockchain will drive efficiency and effectiveness. As a result, talent models for firms and employers are shifting as automation impacts entry level positions while deep technical and trusted business advisory skills are still in high demand.
• How will the accounting profession continue to provide trust, opportunity and prosperity?
• How fast must we adapt and what does the future hold for the profession?
These are Accounting in Extraordinary Times!
Featured speakers & topics also include:
- 9th Year, Promises, Kickers, and Long Shadows – An Economic Update: John W. Mitchell, PhD, M & H Economic Consultants, Lake Oswego, OR
- Oregon Board of Accountancy Update: Candace S. Fronk, CPA, Vice Chair, Oregon Board of Accountancy, Salem, OR
- Oregon Legislative Update: Rob Douglas, OSCPA Legislative Counsel, RPD Company, Salem, OR
- Cyber Security for the Real World: Brent F. Goodfellow, CPA, CITP, MCSE, MCT, One Tech LLC, Hillsboro, OR
CPE: 4.5 hours of CPE (3.5 technical and 1 Non-technical)
Member Fee: $39 / Nonmember Fee: $89
Register Today! Don’t miss this dynamic opportunity on December 7.