Is there a way to not fail when it comes to accomplishing your New Year's resolutions?
I've created a plan to help you meet or exceed your personal resolutions and commitments for 2020. First, create 'Your List' of goals for the new year.
1. Each item on your list must be for yourself and not to satisfy someone else’s idea of who you should be.
2. Keep your list in written form. If it’s not written down, it doesn’t exist.
3. Review your list often.
4. Aim for improvement, not perfection.
5. Work for balance; strive to improve in different facets of your life so that boredom doesn’t settle in.
6. Inject fun and excitement into your list of things to accomplish.
7. Celebrate each time you reach a milestone or goal.
8. Add several items to your list that challenge and test you.
9. Share your list and journey with someone who cares about you so that you won’t feel alone.
10. Whenever you feel stuck, ask for help.
10½. Place your focus on the outcome rather than the process. Your brain is an amazing creation and once it sees the clear image of what you want, it will create the means.
Now you can go ahead and make your list of resolutions, goals, or commitments.
I wish you great success and big wins in the new decade!
Ron Rael is a leadership expert with The High Road Institute.