Podcast hosted by Ken Tysiac for the Journal of Accountancy
Good governance is essential for not-for-profits as they work to fulfill their missions. As not-for-profits often operate on slim margins, they require careful attention from their boards to stay on track. In this podcast, Cheryl Olson, CPA, CGMA, nonprofit solutions strategist at Clark Nuber in Bellevue, Wash., and a member of the AICPA Not-for-Profit Advisory Council, shares tips for effective not-for-profit governance.
What you’ll learn from this episode:
- How members of a not-for-profit board learn their governance role.
- How a not-for-profit can recruit and retain good board members.
- Common gaps in knowledge or training that can jeopardize a board’s success.
- How boards are handling education and training.
- Five not-for-profit governance best practices.