Your gateway to timely topics in professional learning
OSCPA is your one-stop shop for relevant CPE to meet your education requirements and enhance your knowledge and professional expertise. Check this space often for timely featured CPE, as well as OSCPA events and activities.
Featured CPE and Topics
- Free CPE!
- OSCPA CPE Playlists & Packages
- Business & Industry Courses
- On-Demand/Self-Study Packages
- Professional Conduct & Ethics - NEW RULES!
- OSCPA Events
Technology is constantly changing, becoming more powerful, cost effective, and pervasive. In particular, there is a major focus on data-driven decision-making and creating the modern, data-driven enterprise. Every business is impacted by the rapid changes in technology. In fact, data technologies in particular are transforming how we work and fundamentally changing how businesses of every type and size operate.
In order to stay ahead of these changes, business leaders need to understand the current trends and capabilities of modern data technologies. This course will cover (and demonstrate) current trends and capabilities of modern, cloud-based data analytics tools and other practical guidance on how to take advantage of these capabilities. We will also investigate how cloud-based technologies are influencing current trends and what to consider when evaluating cloud-based tools. Finally, we will investigate how artificial intelligence, like machine learning, can transform every business.
NOTE: Participants should be willing to talk to the group to share past experiences and lessons learned regarding data analytics from the perspective of their own organizations and careers.
Not something you're interested in? Be sure to check out these additional courses:
- Technology Conference with K2 Enterprises (2 days) – May 28-29, 2020 / Livestream webcast
- Real Estate Conference – June 10, 2020 / Livestream webcast
- Accounting & Auditing Conference – June 16, 2020 / Livestream webcast
- InfoBites: The Ins and Outs of a Professional LinkedIn Profile (1 hour - morning) [NT] – May 22, 2020 - 8:00 a.m. / Webcast
Not sure what class to take? Check out the courses listed in each playlist and take all of them together to enhance your learning experience.
- Sec. 199A Cutting Edge Tax Strategies for Rental Real Estate (2 hours - morning) - May 20, 2020
- Sec. 199A Cutting Edge Tax Strategies for Doctors, Lawyers, and other Specified Service Trades or Businesses (2 hours - morning) – May 21, 2020
- Guide to Section 199A and Its Impact on Business Entities – May 26, 2020
Find more Tax courses via webcast
Accounting & Auditing Playlist
- Compilations, Reviews, and Preparations: Engagement Performance and Annual Update - Webcast – May 19, 2020
- Advanced Audits of 401(k) Plans: Best Practices and Current Developments – Webcast – May 20, 2020
- Leases, Financial Instruments, and Revenue: The FASB's "Big Three" – Webcast – May 22, 2020
Find more Accounting & Auditing courses via webcast
Management & Consulting Playlist
- Fringe Benefits 2020 – NEW! – Webcast – June 4, 2020
- Assessing the Risk of Fraud in a Financial Statement Audit – NEW! – Webcast – June 10, 2020
- Employer's Handbook: Legal, Tax, and Health Care Issues – Webcast – June 11, 2020
- Project Management for Finance Professionals - NEW! – Webcast – June 12, 2020 – #W47786
Find more Business & Industry courses via webcast
CPExpress offers unlimited online access to over 450 quality CPE courses developed by AICPA subject matter experts.
*Package is good one year from purchase date.
Surgent's Unlimited Plus CPE Package includes complete access for a single user to all of Surgent's self-study and webinar courses for 12 months.
IMPORTANT! Effective January 1, 2020, the Oregon Board of Accountancy's (BOA's) ethics CPE renewal requirement for Oregon licensees was changed.
Beginning July 1, 2020, ALL active and inactive Oregon licensees are required to take an Oregon-specific ethics course to meet the CPE requirement for renewal. This means licensees renewing in 2021 and beyond will be affected by the rule change.
- Ethics CPE may be general or Oregon-specific for renewal on June 30, 2020.
- Ethics CPE must be Oregon-specific from a BOA-registered sponsor for renewal on June 30, 2021.
View OSCPA ethics courses
Oregon-specific ethics training must be accomplished by attending a BOA registered sponsor's professional conduct and ethics program. For additional details regarding the BOA's ethics CPE requirements refer to OAR 801-040-0010. The provisions of these new rules should be reviewed carefully for applicability to each professional's licensing requirement and compliance.
New to the OSCPA? Don't miss this free webinar!
OSCPA New Member Orientation Webinar
July 23, 2020 / Online
Learn to connect and take advantage of your membership by signing up for a free new member orientation. Quarterly orientations are held via web/audio conference-- they'll get you ready for many successful years with OSCPA!
Discover more OSCPA events and tools
Browse upcoming OSCPA Events
Check out the OSCPA Events tab to find upcoming events and activities for opportunities to connect with peers, help new professionals learn more about the CPA profession, and get current information for events happening in your chapter.
View future OSCPA committee meetings
When is your next OSCPA committee meeting? Visit the Volunteer Meetings tab for an up-to-date calendar.
Looking for news and helpful resources?
Visit News & Resources for timely news along with helpful links, documents, and FAQs.
Check out My CPE & Events to see what you've registered forMy CPE & Events