Your gateway to timely topics in professional learning
OSCPA is committed to your professional success. Check this space often for timely featured CPE in a variety of formats, as well as Society events.
Featured CPE and Topics:
Search 2022-23 Curriculum:
Oregon-Specific Ethics CoursesClick here
Hands-On Tax Return Workshop: S Corporations (Form 1120S) - Webcast
Hands-On Tax Return Workshop: Partnership & LLCs (Form 1065) - Webcast
J. Patrick (Pat) Garverick is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) who began his career in public accounting in 1988 after obtaining his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) in Accounting from The Ohio State University. After receiving his Master of Taxation (MT) degree from Arizona State University in 1992, Mr. Garverick began operating his own tax and financial planning business. He also started writing, reviewing, and teaching tax and financial planning continuing professional education courses around the country. In addition to being a CPA, Pat is also a Certified Financial Planner (CFP®). Pat has presented continuing education sessions since 1993 throughout the country and has won awards for both his skills as an instructor as well as for the content he has created. During his time in college Pat earned a letter as a member of the Ohio State Basketball squad. He remains a stanch supporter of the sports programs at his alma mater.
2023 Spring/Summer Conferences: - Mark your Calendars!
- Not-for-Profit Conference - April 24, 2023 / Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, Portland & Webcast
- Construction Industry Conference - May 19, 2023 / Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, Portland & Webcast
- ERISA Conference - May 23, 2023 / OSCPA Center, Beaverton & Webcast
- Farming, Ranching, and Agribusiness Conference - June 1, 2023 / OSCPA Center, Beaverton & Webcast
- Real Estate Conference - June 7, 2023 / Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, Portland & Webcast
- Estate & Trust Conference - June 9, 2023 / Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, Portland & Webcast
- Governmental Accounting & Auditing Conference (2 days) - June 12-13, 2023 / To be announced & Webcast
- Technology Conference with K2 Enterprises (2 days) - June 15-16, 2023 / Webcast
- Accounting & Auditing Conference - June 20, 2023 / OSCPA Center & Webcast
- Forest Products Conference - June 29, 2023 / To be announced & Webcast
Not-for-Profit Knowledge Networks
InfoBites - designed for young professionals
Business & Industry Knowledge Networks
- Annual Update: Family Tax, Estates, Gift and Trusts, and Compliance (2 hours) - Webcast- February 6, 2023
- The Best Federal Tax Update by Surgent - Webcast - February 9, 2023
Find more Tax courses
Accounting & Auditing Playlist
- Governmental Auditing Update: Yellow Book & Uniform Guidance - Webcast - February 1, 2023
- Audit & Attestation Update (4 Hours) - Webcast - February 7, 2023
- Accounting and Auditing Update (4 hours) - Webcast - February 8, 2023
Find more Accounting & Auditing courses
Management & Consulting Playlist
- K2's Emerging Topics in Block Chain and Cryptocurrency (2 hours) - Webcast - February 3, 2023
- K2's Paperless Office (8 hours)- Webcast - February 7, 2023
- Skills to Develop Personal and Professional Networks (2 hours) [NT] - Webcast - February 10, 2023
- Basics of Employment Law for Non-HR Professionals (4 hours) - Webcast - February 13, 2023
Find more Business & Industry courses
CPExpress offers unlimited online access to 450+ quality courses developed by AICPA subject matter experts. Package good one year from purchase date.
Surgent's Unlimited Plus CPE Package includes complete access for a single user to all Surgent's self-study and webinar courses for 12 months.
- Oregon Ethics for CPAs (4 hours)
- Summary and Analysis of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022 (2 hours)
IMPORTANT! Effective January 1, 2020, the Oregon Board of Accountancy's (BOA's) ethics CPE renewal requirement for Oregon licensees was changed.
Effective July 1, 2020, ALL active and inactive Oregon licensees are required to take an Oregon-specific ethics course to meet the CPE requirement for renewal. This means licensees renewing in 2021 and beyond will be affected by the Oregon-specific ethics rule change.
Oregon-specific ethics training must be accomplished by attending a BOA registered sponsor's professional conduct and ethics program. For additional details regarding the BOA's ethics CPE requirements refer to OAR 801-040-0010. The provisions of these new rules should be reviewed carefully for applicability to each professional's licensing requirement and compliance.
Oregon Ethics and New Developments
* Webcast Replay Producer: ACPEN & Mark Hugh PLLC
What events are coming up?
The Member Activities & Events tab shows you opportunities to connect with peers, help new professionals learn more about the CPA profession, and get current information for events happening in your chapter.
When is my next OSCPA committee meeting?
Visit the Volunteer Meetings tab for the complete calendar.