Your gateway to timely topics in professional learning
OSCPA is committed to your professional success. Check this space often for timely featured CPE in a variety of formats, as well as Society events.
Featured CPE and Topics:
Search 2021-22 Curriculum:
Oregon-Specific Ethics CoursesClick here
April 26, 2021 / Livestream webcast
Learn about new developments and the latest topics of interest to CPAs and other accounting professionals in the nonprofit sector.
Note: Individuals working at a nonprofit and who are not eligible to be an OSCPA member, are eligible for the member rate. To receive this rate, please call 503-641-7200 / 800-255-1470, ext. 3.
YELLOW BOOK: May qualify for Yellow Book CPE based on your unique audited entity.
Businesses — save when 6+ attendees are registered. Attendees will still stay safe and socially distanced. Click here to view more information about group livestreams.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with names and emails of participants.
OSCPA confirms with each participant.
OSCPA invoices group contact.
You’re done! It’s that simple.
Conference is developed by the OSCPA Nonprofit Conference Planning Subcommittee.
We appreciate Columbia Bank for sponsoring the 2021 Nonprofit Conference.
- Nonprofit Conference – April 26, 2021 / Livestream webcast
- Governmental Accounting & Auditing Conference (2 days) – May 17-18, 2021 / Livestream webcast
- Construction Industry Conference – May 21, 2021 / Livestream webcast
- ERISA Conference – May 25, 2021 / Livestream webcast
- Farming, Ranching & Agribusiness Conference (2 days) – June 3-4, 2021 / Livestream webcast
- Real Estate Conference – June 9, 2021 / Livestream webcast
- Estate & Trust Conference – June 11, 2021 / Livestream webcast
- Accounting & Auditing Conference – June 15, 2021 / Livestream webcast
- Technology Conference with K2 Enterprises (2 days) – June 17-18, 2021 / Livestream webcast
- Forest Products Conference – June 29, 2021 / Livestream webcast
One-hour virtual discussions with experts and peers.
Nonprofit Knowledge Networks
Business & Industry Knowledge Networks
Free benefit from ACPEN:
- ACPEN Signature: 199A Examples for Tax Planning (1 hour)
- ACPEN Signature: Consolidated Appropriations Act Update (2 hours)
- Estate Tax and Related Estate Planning Issues in Oregon (4 hours - morning) – Webcast – May 20, 2021
- Deducting Travel, Meals and Entertainment Expenses After Tax Reform (4 hours - morning) – Webcast – May 26, 2021
- Buying and Selling a Business: Critical Tax and Structuring Issues – Webcast – June 1, 2021
Find more Tax courses
Accounting & Auditing Playlist
- SSARS Standards: The Best Annual Update and Review of the Preparation, Compilation, and Review Standards by Walter Haig – Webcast – May 13, 2021
- Hot Topics in the Financial & Reporting Standards: Analytical Procedures, Forecasts & Projections, Fraud, Internal Control & Pro-Forma Presentations – May 14, 2021
- Financial Statement Analysis (4 hours - morning) – Webcast – May 21, 2021
Find more Accounting & Auditing courses
Management & Consulting Playlist
- Controller's Update: Today's Latest Trends (4 hours - morning) – Webcast – May 19, 2021
- Forecasting for Improved Profits, Working Capital, and Decision Analysis (4 hours - morning) – Webcast – May 20, 2021
- K2's Mastering Advanced Excel Functions (4 hours - afternoon) – NEW! – Webcast – May 24, 2021
Find more Business & Industry courses
CPExpress Online Learning Package
Surgent's Unlimited Plus CPE Package includes complete access for a single user to all Surgent's self-study and webinar courses for 12 months.
- The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021: New Stimulus Coverage (2 hours)
- IRS Notice 2021-20: Changes to PPP Loan Forgiveness and the Employee Retention Tax Credit (2 hours)
IMPORTANT! Effective January 1, 2020, the Oregon Board of Accountancy's (BOA's) ethics CPE renewal requirement for Oregon licensees was changed.
Beginning July 1, 2020, ALL active and inactive Oregon licensees are required to take an Oregon-specific ethics course to meet the CPE requirement for renewal. This means licensees renewing in 2021 and beyond will be affected by the rule change.
- Ethics CPE may be general or Oregon-specific for renewal on June 30, 2020.
- Ethics CPE must be Oregon-specific from a BOA-registered sponsor for renewal on June 30, 2021.
Oregon-specific ethics training must be accomplished by attending a BOA registered sponsor's professional conduct and ethics program. For additional details regarding the BOA's ethics CPE requirements refer to OAR 801-040-0010. The provisions of these new rules should be reviewed carefully for applicability to each professional's licensing requirement and compliance.
Oregon Ethics and New Developments
Make the most of your membership with a new member orientation. Quarterly orientations are virtual--connect, grow, and learn with OSCPA!
- May 20, 2021
- July 20, 2021
Discover more OSCPA events and tools
Browse upcoming OSCPA Events
The OSCPA Events tab shows you opportunities to connect with peers, help new professionals learn more about the CPA profession, and get current information for events happening in your chapter.
When is your next OSCPA committee meeting?
Visit the Volunteer Meetings tab for the complete calendar.