Your gateway to timely topics in professional learning
OSCPA is committed to your professional success. Check this space often for timely featured CPE in a variety of formats, as well as Society events.
Featured CPE and Topics:
Search 2021-22 Curriculum:
Oregon-Specific Ethics CoursesClick here
Christopher W. Hesse, CPA
John Werlhof, CPA
2021 Tax Advisors Update featuring Chris Hesse & John Werlhof
Whether you are a tax professional in public practice or industry,
You will learn to apply strategies in reaction to newly issued regulatory guidance, identify key tax developments from the past year, and recognize new tax planning opportunities for individuals and businesses arising from recent tax legislation.
Two dates available - Pick your preferred date:
Featured Accounting and Auditing Courses with Walter Haig
Walter J. Haig II, CPA, owns his own CPA firm in Creston, Washington. His experience is extensive in auditing, accounting and advisory services to family-owned businesses. He is also a highly regarded consultant in cases involving accountant's malpractice.
Check out his upcoming courses this December!
Walter J. Haig II, CPA
2021 OSCPA Professional Issues Update (4 hours - morning) – December 2, 2021 / Webcast
State & Local Tax Conference – January 7, 2022 / Webcast
2021 Tax Advisors Update featuring Chris Hesse & John Werlhof – January 18, 2022 / Webcast
2021 Tax Advisors Update featuring Chris Hesse – January 19, 2022 / Webcast
Winter Governmental Auditing & Accounting – January 24, 2022 / Webcast
Coming in 2022:
- Not-for-Profit Conference – April 25, 2022 / Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, Portland, Oregon
- Construction Industry Conference – May 13, 2022 / Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, Portland, Oregon
- Governmental Accounting & Auditing Conference – May 16-17, 2022 / The Graduate Hotel, Eugene, Oregon
- ERISA Conference – May 24, 2022 / Beaverton, Oregon
- Farming, Ranching, & Agribusiness Conference – June 2-3, 2022/ location TBD
- Real Estate Conference – June 8, 2022 / Beaverton, Oregon
- Estate & Trust Conference – June 10, 2022 / Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, Portland, Oregon
- Accounting & Auditing Conference – June 14, 2022 / Beaverton, Oregon
- Technology Conference with K2 Enterprises – June 16-17, 2022 / location TBD
- Forest Products Conference – June 21, 2022 / location TBD
Not-for-Profit Knowledge Networks
InfoBites - designed for young professionals
Business & Industry Knowledge Networks
- 2021 Tax Update for C and S Corps, Partnerships and LLCs – Webcast – November 29, 2021
- Basis, At-Risk, Passive Activity Loss, §163(j), Excess Losses (§461(I)) and NOLs – Webcast – December 9, 2021
Find more Tax courses
Accounting & Auditing Playlist
- Addressing Common Documentation Deficiencies (2 hours - late morning) – Webcast – December 10, 2021
- Government GAAP Update (2 hours - afternoon) – Webcast – December 10, 2021
Find more Accounting & Auditing courses
Management & Consulting Playlist
Find more Business & Industry courses
CPExpress offers unlimited online access to 450+ quality courses developed by AICPA subject matter experts. Package good one year from purchase date.
Surgent's Unlimited Plus CPE Package includes complete access for a single user to all Surgent's self-study and webinar courses for 12 months.
- The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021: New Stimulus Coverage (2 hours)
- IRS Notice 2021-20: Changes to PPP Loan Forgiveness and the Employee Retention Tax Credit (2 hours)
- Oregon Ethics for CPAs (4 hours)
IMPORTANT! Effective January 1, 2020, the Oregon Board of Accountancy's (BOA's) ethics CPE renewal requirement for Oregon licensees was changed.
Effective July 1, 2020, ALL active and inactive Oregon licensees are required to take an Oregon-specific ethics course to meet the CPE requirement for renewal. This means licensees renewing in 2021 and beyond will be affected by the Oregon-specific ethics rule change.
Oregon-specific ethics training must be accomplished by attending a BOA registered sponsor's professional conduct and ethics program. For additional details regarding the BOA's ethics CPE requirements refer to OAR 801-040-0010. The provisions of these new rules should be reviewed carefully for applicability to each professional's licensing requirement and compliance.
|*Webcast Replay Producer: ACPEN & Mark Hugh PLLC||
Oregon Ethics for CPAs
Oregon and AICPA Regulatory Update Giving Voice to Values: Practical Ethics in Action
Make the most of your membership with a new member orientation. Quarterly orientations are virtual—connect, grow, and learn with OSCPA!
- January 25, 2022
- March 18, 2022
Discover more OSCPA events and tools
What events are coming up?
The Member Activities & Events tab shows you opportunities to connect with peers, help new professionals learn more about the CPA profession, and get current information for events happening in your chapter.
When is my next OSCPA committee meeting?
Visit the Volunteer Meetings tab for the complete calendar.