Your gateway to timely topics in professional learning
OSCPA is your one-stop shop for relevant CPE to meet your education requirements and enhance your knowledge and professional expertise. Check this space often for timely featured CPE, as well as OSCPA events and activities.
Featured CPE and Topics:
Featured CPE Event:
Don't miss the latest on estate planning for your clients!
Estate Planning for 2020 & Beyond: Oregon & Washington Issues - NEW! - Webcast
September 24, 2020 – #W47809
This course was created for the following reason: CPAs, on their evaluation forms, are constantly requesting that we offer a course on the state and local issues that affect a client’s estate plan. Werner-Rocca Seminars, Ltd., has created a special customized course to fit your needs! This course will address many issues that are specific to Oregon & Washington, allowing you to finally be able to attend a course geared towards your specific state.
Not interested? Check our other featured courses:
Basis, At-Risk, Passive Activity Loss, §163(j), Excess Losses (§461(I)) and NOLs - WebcastRegister
2020 Tax Planning Update for C and S Corps, Partnerships and LLCs: Keeping Taxes at Lowest Level Possible - WebcastRegister
CFO Series Returns!
Each topic provides a one-stop way for senior level financial manager and executives, CFOs and those who aspire to be CFOs, to learn and take away ideas that can be implemented immediately.
- Bottles, Brews & Buds 2020 Virtual Conference– August 5, 2020 / Livestream webcast
- IRS/Practitoners Forum– October 30, 2020 / Livestream webcast
Save the date for upcoming Nonprofit Knowledge Networks! One-hour (7:30-8:30 a.m.) discussions with experts and peers. All available virtually.
- September 2, 2020
- October 7, 2020
- November 4, 2020
- December 2, 2020
- Additional dates in 2021.
- Basis, At-Risk, Passive Activity Loss, §163(j), Excess Losses (§461(I)) and NOLs - Webcast – September 17, 2020
- 2020 Tax Planning Update for C and S Corps, Partnerships and LLCs: Keeping Taxes at Lowest Level Possible - Webcast – September 21, 2020
- §199A Qualified Business Income Deduction - Webcast – September 22, 2020
- Estate Planning for 2020 & Beyond: Oregon & Washington Issues - NEW! - Webcast – September 24, 2020
Find more Tax courses
Accounting & Auditing Playlist
- CFO Series: Advanced Skills Made Easy - NEW! - 6 Tech & 2 [NT] - Webcast – September 10, 2020
- CFO Series: Cash Management – Managing the Lifeblood of the Business - NEW! - 6 Tech & 2 [NT] - Webcast – October 14, 2020
- Revenue Recognition: Mastering the New FASB Requirements - Webcast – October 19, 2020
- Leases: Mastering the New FASB Requirements - Webcast – October 20, 2020
Find more Accounting & Auditing courses
Management & Consulting Playlist
- CFO Series: Become More Effective – NEW! [NT] – Webcast – September 11, 2020
- CFO Series: Emotional Intelligence – What Makes Great Leaders Great? – NEW! [NT] – Webcast – October 13, 2020
- Successful Presentation Skills for CPAs [NT] – Webcast – October 21, 2020
- Enterprise Risk Management for Small and Medium-Sized Companies - NEW! - Webcast – October 22, 2020
CPExpress offers unlimited online access to 450+ quality courses developed by AICPA subject matter experts.
*Package good one year from purchase date.
Surgent's Unlimited Plus CPE Package includes complete access for a single user to all of Surgent's self-study and webinar courses for 12 months.
IMPORTANT! Effective January 1, 2020, the Oregon Board of Accountancy's (BOA's) ethics CPE renewal requirement for Oregon licensees was changed.
Beginning July 1, 2020, ALL active and inactive Oregon licensees are required to take an Oregon-specific ethics course to meet the CPE requirement for renewal. This means licensees renewing in 2021 and beyond will be affected by the rule change.
- Ethics CPE may be general or Oregon-specific for renewal on June 30, 2020.
- Ethics CPE must be Oregon-specific from a BOA-registered sponsor for renewal on June 30, 2021.
Oregon-specific ethics training must be accomplished by attending a BOA registered sponsor's professional conduct and ethics program. For additional details regarding the BOA's ethics CPE requirements refer to OAR 801-040-0010. The provisions of these new rules should be reviewed carefully for applicability to each professional's licensing requirement and compliance.
Oregon Ethics and New Developments (4 hours) – WebcastRegister
Professional Conduct & Ethics - AICPA and Oregon Board CPA Regulatory Update by Jim Rigos (4 hours - morning) - WebcastRegister
Virtual Accounting Connect Socials – now more than ever, it's important to stay connected.
- All members – July 30, 2020
Make the most of your membership with a new member orientation. Quarterly orientations are held via web/audio conference--connect, grow, and learn with OSCPA!
- September 24, 2020
Discover more OSCPA events and tools
Browse upcoming OSCPA Events
The OSCPA Events tab shows you opportunities to connect with peers, help new professionals learn more about the CPA profession, and get current information for events happening in your chapter.
When is your next OSCPA committee meeting?
Visit the Volunteer Meetings tab for the complete calendar.