Your gateway to timely topics in professional learning
OSCPA is your one-stop shop for relevant CPE to meet your education requirements and enhance your knowledge and professional expertise. Check this space often for timely featured CPE, as well as OSCPA events and activities.
Featured CPE and Topics
- Featured CPE: Farm Taxation Update with Paul Neiffer
- Spring & Summer Conferences
- OSCPA CPE Playlists & Packages
- Business & Industry Courses
- Professional Conduct & Ethics
- OSCPA Events
Farm Taxation Update with Paul Neiffer
June 7, 2019 / OSCPA Center, Beaverton
In addition to covering income and deduction items unique to agribusiness producers, we will also cover what we have learned from the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. This seminar is presented by Paul Neiffer, a CPA and agribusiness professional. CLA instructors have many years of experience in farm taxation and regularly present at national agribusiness conferences.
At the end of this session you will be able to:
- Apply key tax planning concepts to farm and ranch taxation (cash accounting methods unique to agriculture, issues of constructive receipt, deferred payments, and prepaid expenses)
- Recognize key tax planning opportunities embedded in tax reform for farm and ranch clients
- Describe the computational results of Section 199A, the deduction for qualified business income
- Differentiate key points in entity structure planning for clients when evaluating the C corporation alternative to pass-through taxation
- Recall tax updates from court cases, revenue rulings, and other authorities applicable to agriculture
Not your style? Here are some other courses you might be interested in:
Technology Conference with K2 Enterprises (2 days) – May 30-31, 2019 / Portland
Farm Taxation Update with Paul Neiffer – June 7, 2019 / Beaverton or livestream webcast
Real Estate Conference – June 12, 2019 / Portland or livestream webcast
Estate & Trust Conference – June 14, 2019 / Portland or livestream webcast
Accounting & Auditing Conference – June 18, 2019 / Beaverton or livestream webcast
Forest Products Conference – June 21, 2019 / Eugene or livestream webcast
Not sure what class to take? Check out the courses listed in each playlist and take all of them together to enhance your learning experience.
If you prefer to take your CPE through self-study/on-demand, the AICPA and Surgent Packages include incredible offerings at big savings.
199A/Tax Reform Playlist
Accounting & Auditing Playlist
FASB's New Lease Accounting Standard (4 hours - afternoon) – May 31, 2019
Annual Update for Controllers – May 29, 2019
Key Tax Issues Facing Business & Industry After Tax Reform – May 30, 2019
Buying and Selling a Business: Critical Tax and Structuring Issues – June 4, 2019
Yellow Book Playlist (Qualifies for Yellow Book CPE based on your unique audited entity)
Governmental New GASBs (4 hours - morning) – NEW! – June 10, 2019
IRS Playlist (Qualifies for PTIN Credit through Surgent CPE)
Practical Planning Boot Camp: S Corporations and LLCs – June 24, 2019
CPExpress offers unlimited online access to over 450 quality CPE courses developed by AICPA subject matter experts.
*Package is good one-year from purchase date.
Surgent's Unlimited Plus CPE Package includes complete access for a single user to all of Surgent's self-study and webinar courses for 12 months.
According to Oregon Board of Accounting OAR 801-040-0010 (2) and (3):
- All active permit licensees must take four hours of Professional Conduct & Ethics training every two years.
- New licensees in their first two-year reporting period are required to take an Oregon Board of Accountancy (BOA) registered sponsor’s ethics course covering specific topics.
- All other active permit licensees may take a general course that meets the CPE requirements. Click Here to view the CPE catalog for all ethics courses.
For existing active permit licensees:
Ethical Considerations for CPAs (4 hours - morning) – Multiple dates
For existing lincensees and new lincensees in their first two-year reporting period:
Oregon Ethics and New Developments (4 hours - morning) / Webcast Replay – Multiple dates
Professional Conduct & Ethics – AICPA and Oregon Board CPA Regulatory Update by Jim Rigos (4 hours - morning) – December 17, 2019
Socialize with your peers over a hot cup of joe!
Central Oregon Chapter Roundtable Breakfast
June 19, 2019 / McKay Cottage Restaurant, Bend
Join other Central Oregon Chapter members for breakfast and the opportunity to discuss current events and other professional issues facing the accounting profession.
Discover more OSCPA events and tools
Browse upcoming OSCPA Events
Check out the OSCPA Events tab to find upcoming events and activities for opportunities to connect with peers, help new professionals learn more about the CPA profession, and get current information for events happening in your chapter.
View future OSCPA committee meetings
Not sure when your next OSCPA committee meeting is being held? Visit the Volunteer Meetings tab for an up-to-date calendar of scheduled committee meetings.
Looking for news and helpful resources?
Visit the News & Resources section for timely news along with helpful links, documents, and FAQs.
Check out My CPE & Events to see what you've registered forMy CPE & Events