Your gateway to timely topics in professional learning
OSCPA is committed to your professional success. Check this space often for timely featured CPE in a variety of formats, as well as Society events and activities.
Featured CPE and Topics:
Search 2020-21 Curriculum:
Oregon-Specific Ethics CoursesClick here
Oregon Corporate Activity Tax (CAT) Update
Join Dan Eller, a shareholder at Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, for a two-hour deep dive into the Oregon CAT. Dan has been actively tracking the enactment of the CAT and its implementation by the Oregon Department of Revenue (DOR).
CPE: 2 / Level: 4 (Update)
2020 Tax Advisors Update featuring Chris Hesse & John Werlhof
Two date options: Pick your preferred date!
Whether you are a tax professional in public practice or industry, you need to be aware of new federal tax legislation, IRS guidance, and recent court decisions. CliftonLarsonAllen LLP has developed a strategy-packed, eight-hour tax seminar created by practitioners for practitioners.
Chris Hesse, CPA-WA John Werlhof, CPA-CA
- Financial & Retirement Planning Conference – November 13, 2020 / Livestream webcast
- 2020 OSCPA Professional Issues Update – 3 Tech & 1 [NT] – December 3, 2020 / Livestream webcast
- State & Local Tax Conference / January 8, 2021 / Livestream webcast
- Winter Governmental Auditing & Accounting Conference – January 25, 2021 / Livestream webcast
One-hour virtual discussions with experts and peers. Free CPE for OSCPA Members.
Nonprofit Knowledge Networks
Business & Industry Knowledge Networks
- 2020 Federal Tax Update – NEW DATE! – Webcast – November 6, 2020
- A Tax Practitioner's Guide to Compensation Planning - Webcast – November 18, 2020
Find more Tax courses
Accounting & Auditing Playlist
- Audits of 401(k) Plans – Webcast – November 16, 2020
- Annual Accounting and Auditing Update – Webcast – November 17, 2020
- Financial Statement Analysis – Webcast – December 2, 2020
Find more Accounting & Auditing courses
Management & Consulting Playlist
- CFO/Controller's Roadmap to Organization Success: Integrated Planning, Forecasting and Budgeting – Webcast – November 12, 2020
Find more Business & Industry courses
CPExpress Online Learning Package
Surgent's Unlimited Plus CPE Package
IMPORTANT! Effective January 1, 2020, the Oregon Board of Accountancy's (BOA's) ethics CPE renewal requirement for Oregon licensees was changed.
Beginning July 1, 2020, ALL active and inactive Oregon licensees are required to take an Oregon-specific ethics course to meet the CPE requirement for renewal. This means licensees renewing in 2021 and beyond will be affected by the rule change.
- Ethics CPE may be general or Oregon-specific for renewal on June 30, 2020.
- Ethics CPE must be Oregon-specific from a BOA-registered sponsor for renewal on June 30, 2021.
Oregon-specific ethics training must be accomplished by attending a BOA registered sponsor's professional conduct and ethics program. For additional details regarding the BOA's ethics CPE requirements refer to OAR 801-040-0010. The provisions of these new rules should be reviewed carefully for applicability to each professional's licensing requirement and compliance.
Oregon Ethics and New Developments (4 hours) – WebcastRegister
Professional Conduct & Ethics - AICPA and Oregon Board CPA Regulatory Update by Jim Rigos (4 hours - morning) - WebcastRegister
Make the most of your membership with a new member orientation. Quarterly orientations are virtual--connect, grow, and learn with OSCPA!
- November 17, 2020
- January 28, 2021
Discover more OSCPA events and tools
Browse upcoming OSCPA Events
The OSCPA Events tab shows you opportunities to connect with peers, help new professionals learn more about the CPA profession, and get current information for events happening in your chapter.
When is your next OSCPA committee meeting?
Visit the Volunteer Meetings tab for the complete calendar.