Your gateway to timely topics in professional learning
OSCPA is your one-stop shop for relevant CPE to meet your education requirements and enhance your knowledge and professional expertise. Check this space often for timely featured CPE, as well as OSCPA events and activities.
Featured CPE and Topics
- VitalSmarts® Crucial Conversations Training®
- Spring & Summer Conferences
- Tax Reform / TCJA
- Professional Conduct & Ethics
- Tax Updates: eLearning Options
- Need Yellow Book?
VitalSmarts® Crucial Conversations Training® – NEW! (2 days)
May 13 - 14, 2019 / OSCPA Center, Beaverton
VitalSmarts® Crucial Conversations Training® provides high leverage skills for effectively holding conversations where there are high stakes, opposing opinions, and strong emotions. These conversations – when handled poorly or ignored – lead to strained relationships and dismal results.
Have you ever been in a meeting where no one is willing to voice his or her real feelings about the project or situation? Have you ever wanted to speak up, but, for one reason or another, you didn’t? Crucial Conversations Training® teaches how to create a culture of dialogue and candor – a culture where people can make high-quality decisions and then act on those decisions with unity and commitment.
You will learn how to:
- Resolve disagreements
- Build acceptance and overcome resistance
- Foster teamwork and better decision making
- Speak persuasively, not abrasively
- April 29, 2019 / Oregon Convention Center, Portland
- April 29, 2019 / Webcast
- May 10, 2019 / Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport, Portland
- May 10, 2019 / Webcast
- May 20-21, 2019 / Hotel Eugene, Eugene
- May 20-21, 2019 / Webcast
- May 30-31, 2019 / Embassy Suites by Hilton Portland Airport, Portland
- June 7, 2019 / OSCPA Center, Beaverton
- June 7, 2019 / Webcast
- June 12, 2019 / Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, Portland
- June 12, 2019 / Webcast
- June 14, 2019 / Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel, Portland
- June 14, 2019 / Webcast
- June 18, 2019 / OSCPA Center, Beaverton
- June 18, 2019 / Webcast
- June 21, 2019 / Valley River Inn, Eugene
- June 21, 2019 / Webcast
Tax reform / TCJA / Section 199A
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is tax reform that is affecting nearly every individual and business. It is critical for finance and accounting professionals to understand the new law.
Check out these upcoming webcasts focusing on tax reform:
According to Oregon Board of Accounting OAR 801-040-0010 (2) and (3):
- All active permit licensees must take four hours of Professional Conduct & Ethics training every two years.
- New licensees in their first two-year reporting period are required to take an Oregon Board of Accountancy (BOA) registered sponsor’s ethics course covering specific topics.
- All other active permit licensees may take a general course that meets the CPE requirements. Click Here to view the CPE catalog for ethics courses.
Upcoming webcasts, including annual federal tax updates, will help you prepare for tax season and get up-to-speed on the major changes of tax reform. With multiple course offerings, find the course that fits your schedule!
YELLOW BOOK: Qualifies for Yellow Book CPE based on your unique audited entity.
Discover more OSCPA events and tools
Browse upcoming OSCPA Events
Check out the OSCPA Events tab to find upcoming events and activities for opportunities to connect with peers, help new professionals learn more about the CPA profession, and get current information for events happening in your Chapter.
View future OSCPA committee meetings
Not sure when your next OSCPA committee meeting is being held? Visit the Volunteer Meetings tab for an up-to-date calendar of scheduled committee meetings.
Looking for news and helpful resources?
Visit the News & Resources section for timely news along with helpful links, documents, and FAQs.
Check out My CPE & Events to see what you've registered forMy CPE & Events