|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
Excel is the accountant's tool of choice for analyzing and reporting financial data, yet many use time-consuming and error-prone processes to complete everyday tasks. Regardless of your level of experience, if you use Excel, you need this course to learn more efficient and effective ways to work with Excel.
Throughout the program, your K2 instructor will reinforce key learning points with practical, real-world examples that will improve your understanding and comprehension of the topics presented. This highly acclaimed course draws on over twenty-five years of experience in delivering spreadsheet training to accounting and financial professionals, which assures you of the relevance and usefulness of the information and guidance provided during the program.
NOTE: Laptop friendly, with access to demonstration files. Program focuses on Excel for Windows, but many of the features can be found in Excel for Mac.
Accounting and financial professionals who want to learn how to use Excel more efficiently and effectively
In this course, you will learn countless tips, tricks, and techniques to improve your general level of productivity, reduce the amount of time you spend on mundane tasks, such as formatting, and customize Excel for greater accuracy and efficiency. You will also learn valuable formula-building skills, best practices for linking Excel data from other worksheets and workbooks, and how to streamline report generation and printing processes.
- Identify situations in which various Excel features can increase productivity and apply each of these techniques in context, such as Freeze Panes, Split Windows, selecting cells with special characteristics, AutoCorrect, the Office Clipboard, and Paste Special
- Implement tools and techniques for formatting data in Excel, including multiline column headings, the Accounting Format, custom date and number formats, and Conditional Formatting
- Customize Excel's user environment, including the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar, adjust Excel's Options to improve efficiency, and create and use Templates to increase efficiency and productivity
- Utilize various formula building tools to create formulas more efficiently and create various types of formulas, including formulas, to manipulate text and dates, formulas containing VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions, formulas that contain conditional calculations, and formulas that contain circular references
- Link data across multiple Excel worksheets and workbooks, update and manage links, and create sum-through formulas and rolling reports
- Implement procedures for producing Excel-based reports, including adjusting print settings, using the Camera feature to create report forms, and working with Custom Views to automate print settings
Did you know? The OSCPA member rate for CPE courses is extended to all OSCPA members and their employees who are not eligible for OSCPA membership. Members of other state CPA societies are also eligible for member rates.
After adding the course(s) to your cart, click "Apply Discounts" and select either "This person is an uncertified staff of an OSCPA member" or "This person is a member of another state CPA society."
If you would like to register for this event, please contact OSCPA at 800-255-1470, 503-641-7200, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brian F. Tankersley is a consultant who advises US firms and companies on accounting technology issues. Mr. Tankersley is a frequent speaker at continuing education courses for K2 Enterprises, and publishes a nationally recognized blog on accounting and technology (www.cpatechblog.com). He has also served as the technology editor for a major accounting industry publication. Mr. Tankersley has over 25 years of professional experience, including accounting, auditing, technology, and education, and has been with K2 Enterprises since 2005, and he is also one of the national instructors for Yaeger CPA Review.
Tankersley has been recognized eight times as one of the "Top 25 Thought Leaders in Public Accounting Technology" by Cygnus Business Media. Brian has made presentations in 48 of the 50 US states and has served as a guest speaker for many professional accounting organizations across Canada. He has received numerous awards for his writing and speaking from state CPA societies. Brian has presented sessions at most major national accounting technology conferences, including AICPA TECH+/Practitioners Conference, The Sleeter Group's Solutions Conference, Sage Summit, CCH Connections, and Thomson Reuters Synergy User Conference.
Brian is a Certified Public Accountant (Tennessee), a Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP), and a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA). He holds bachelor's degrees in both Accounting and Finance, cum laude, from the University of Tennessee. Tankersley also maintains numerous vendor software certifications, and is a member of the Tennessee Society of CPAs and the American Institute of CPAs.
Brian and his family make their home in Farragut, Tennessee.