This is a Self-Study / On-Demand event. In the event title, "Webcast" indicates the event has a self-paced webcast to view with the materials to complete the self-study. "Download" indicates the user downloads only the materials to complete the self-study.
|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
As a business leader or a strategic business partner, you should be considering Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Whether you sponsor, drive, initiate or are responsible for managing a robotic process automation strategy, this three-course self study online program will prepare you for the future. You will get an overview of RPA, learn how it's transforming businesses and understand how RPA provides a significant competitive advantage. You will also learn key considerations and steps needed to begin building your RPA strategy including, how to address the cultural shift needed to overcome the "fear of robots" and understand the critical role human intelligence plays to ensure a successful strategy.
Note: This is an on-demand/self-study course offered by a 3rd party vendor and will not be accessible in the CPE Tracker section of the OSCPA website. Course access information will be emailed directly to you by AICPA. The course expires one year from the purchase date.
- Define RPA
- Describe how RPA is transforming business, specifically the accounting and finance functions
- Indicate the business value of RPA
- Identify key considerations in getting started with RPA
- Identify the components of an RPA strategy to educate your organization about RPA
- Recall the steps needed to build your RPA strategy
- Recognize key issues that need to be addressed before starting to implement RPA
- The definition of Robotic Process Automation
- The business value of automation
- The RPA market landscape
- The importance of RPA in a digital strategy
- The employee value proposition for RPA
- Key components that are integral to a successful RPA implementation strategy
- The process of creating an RPA strategy
- How to prioritize use cases
- How to address change management and culture challenges