This is a Self-Study / On-Demand event. In the event title, "Webcast" indicates the event has a self-paced webcast to view with the materials to complete the self-study. "Download" indicates the user downloads only the materials to complete the self-study.
|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
After completing this course, you will be able to successfully prepare financial statements, complete the Form 990, build complex budgets, and guide the strategic planning process. You'll also learn how to perform risk assessments, proactively respond to tax compliance issues, measure performance, and work with an organization's governing board to achieve mission success. Plus, experts provide practice tips to help you tailor your methods to address the challenges of nonprofits of all sizes.
Note: This is an on-demand/self-study course offered by a 3rd party vendor and will not be accessible in the CPE Tracker section of the OSCPA website. Course access information will be emailed directly to you by AICPA. The course expires one year from the purchase date.
- Prepare a complete set of NFP financial statements, the core IRS Form 990 and supplemental materials, budget and strategic plan
- Analyze financial statements to assess the financial health of an NFP
- Evaluate facts and circumstances to determine whether a tax-exempt organziation has reporting requirements or a tax liability for unrelated business income tax
- Apply techniques to effectively steward an NFP's resources to achieve mission success, including performance management, risk assessment and response strategies, benchmarking, cash flow management, and forecasting
- Identify a process to assess, design, implement, and monitor internal controls