This is a Self-Study / On-Demand event. In the event title, "Webcast" indicates the event has a self-paced webcast to view with the materials to complete the self-study. "Download" indicates the user downloads only the materials to complete the self-study.
|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
Designing and implementing a quality system of internal control can be challenging. Adapting to rapidly changing business models and emerging technologies require a sound system of internal control-and those who manage them-to be agile.
The COSO Internal Control Certificate will develop your expertise in designing, implementing, and monitoring a system of internal control.
Apply COSO concepts to several real-world scenarios in this course to learn how to add value to your own organization through improved operations, reporting and compliance. Enhance your knowledge of the IC framework Obtain a brief overview of the framework and then delve deeper into the details of how to assess internal control by principle. The variety of situations provided will help you apply the framework, as well as ignite thought into how they might relate to your organization. In the final module, you will see how it all comes together by assessing a system of internal control for an organization in a case study.
Note: This is an on-demand/self-study course offered by a 3rd party vendor and will not be accessible in the CPE Tracker section of the OSCPA website. Course access information will be emailed directly to you by AICPA. The course expires one year from the purchase date.
- Assess a system of internal control
- Apply key points related to the principles-based approach
- Recognize ways to identify, assess and respond to risks in your organization
- Identify areas for improvement based on the results of assessing internal control
- Categories of objectives achieved by internal control
- Components of internal control
- Principles and points of focus
- Roles and responsibilities
- Limitations of internal control
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.