This is a Self-Study / On-Demand event. In the event title, "Webcast" indicates the event has a self-paced webcast to view with the materials to complete the self-study. "Download" indicates the user downloads only the materials to complete the self-study.
|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
In Advanced Topics in a Single Audit, you'll gain insight into key issues that may arise in a single audit engagement conducted under the Uniform Guidance, with an emphasis on the advanced topics that require particular attention. Once you complete the learning, you will need to take the Advanced Single Audit Certificate Exam to earn the certificate's digital badge.
The Advanced Single Audit Certificate exam tests your ability to plan, perform and evaluate single audits in accordance with the latest requirements of the new Uniform Guidance. This exam is offered in a timed online format and consists of 75 multiple choice questions. In order to successfully pass the examination, you must be able to evaluate and analyze the core concepts related to client acceptance, engagement planning, engagement analysis, concluding an engagement and guiding principles for single audits.
Note: This is an on-demand/self-study course offered by a 3rd party vendor and will not be accessible in the CPE Tracker section of the OSCPA website. Course access information will be emailed directly to you by AICPA. The course expires one year from the purchase date.
- Assess fundamental auditee and auditor responsibilities in a compliance audit of federal awards
- Evaluate whether the requirements related to the schedule of expenditures of federal awards have been met in your audit engagement
- Evaluate whether proper major federal programs to be audited in a compliance audit were identified
- Interpret the requirements for understanding internal controls, assessing the level of control risk, and testing the effectiveness of internal controls relative to federal awards
- Interpret and evaluate the reporting requirements of a single audit
- Interpret and evaluate guidance regarding sampling in a compliance audit
- Planning the audit
- Performing the audit
- Internal control over compliance
- Compliance testing
- Audit sampling
- Single Audits - special considerations
- Reporting on the compliance audit