This is a Self-Study / On-Demand event. In the event title, "Webcast" indicates the event has a self-paced webcast to view with the materials to complete the self-study. "Download" indicates the user downloads only the materials to complete the self-study.
|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
Advanced Auditing for Employee Benefit Plans contains mock audit case studies and advanced learning exercises related to planning, performing, and evaluating defined contribution, defined benefit, and health and welfare plan audits. Once you complete the learning, you will need to take the Advanced Defined Contribution Plans Audit Certificate Exam to earn the certificate's digital badge.
The Advanced Defined Contribution Plans Audit Certificate exam tests your ability to plan, perform and evaluate defined contribution plans, in accordance with AICPA standards and DOL rules and regulations. This exam is offered in a timed online format and consists of 75 multiple choice questions. In order to successfully pass the examination, you must be able to evaluate and analyze the core concepts related to client acceptance, engagement planning, engagement analysis, concluding an engagement and guiding principles for defined contribution plan audits.
Note: This is an on-demand/self-study course offered by a 3rd party vendor and will not be accessible in the CPE Tracker section of the OSCPA website. Course access information will be emailed directly to you by AICPA. The course expires one year from the purchase date.
- Formulate key concepts and skills to build upon a solid audit foundation specifically related to employee benefit plans, including defined contribution retirement plans (DC plans), defined benefit pension plans (DB plans), and health and welfare plans (H&W plans)
- Evaluate advanced plan-specific audit circumstances
- Interpret advanced EBP audit concepts through a mock plan-specific audit
- Interpret regulatory requirements and professional standards related to engagement acceptance, planning, and quality control for employee benefit plan audits
- Assess the control environment of employee benefit plans, including the portion of the control environment at a service organization, through analytics, inquiry, and observation
- Assess presentation and disclosure requirements in accordance with GAAP for employee benefit plans
- Planning and general procedures
- Internal control
- Net assets available for benefits
- Changes in net assets available for benefits
- Plan tax status
- Financial statement presentation, disclosure, and regulatory reporting
- Audit reports
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.