|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
NOTE: This course does NOT meet the Oregon-specific ethics requirement. Beginning July 1, 2020, ALL active and inactive licensees are required to take an Oregon-specific ethics course to meet the CPE requirement for renewal. This means licensees renewing in 2021 and beyond will be affected by the rule change.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Raise awareness of unconscious biases that may unintentionally impact your judgment and ethical practices
- Evaluate heuristics -- or mental shortcuts -- that allow people to make decisions quickly and efficiently, but may lead individuals astray in their thought process
- Discover how to spot and counter biases to help maintain objectivity
- What are cognitive biases?
- Common judgment biases in the accounting profession
- Professional judgment frameworks
- How to use psychology to your advantage
- Simple and pragmatic steps to overcome bias
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email email@example.com.