|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
Learn the basics of FASB Accounting Standard Update for Leases Topic 842, the key differences between ASC Topic 842 and ASC Topic 840, Leases, which is being superseded, and explore the practical challenges and complexities within the new standard and how they apply to you. Session will primarily focus on lessee accounting and will discuss the key issues within the standard, required analyses, critical judgments, policy elections, disclosures and the lessons learned from public filings. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Understand the complexities of the new FASB lease standard
- Explain the FASB lease standard implementation challenges
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- FASB's Accounting Standard Update for Leases Topic 842
- Key differences between FASB ASC Topic 842 and ASC Topic 840
- Commitments that are on the balance sheet - Operating leases and finance leases
- Allocating consideration to lease and non-lease components
- Lease payments, discount rate, inception date, commencement date, lease term
- Impairments of right of use asset, modifications, subleases
- Policy elections and disclosures