|Full time Accounting Educator:||-84.00|
National Chair of the American Academy of Attorneys-CPAs Ethics Committee, instructor/author James Rigos, Attorney-CPA, will instruct on the topic areas that are required under the Board of Accountancy Administrative Rules for CPAs.
NOTE: This course meets the Oregon Board of Accountancy’s biennial four-hour Oregon-specific ethics requirement.
For the most current Oregon Administrative Rules (OARs), refer to the BOA website: https://tinyurl.com/OR-BOA-Rules.
- Individual CPAs desiring to meet the beginning Oregon State Board of Accountancy (OSBA) four-CPE-hour Oregon basic ethics required biennially
- Oregon CPA firms desiring a comprehensive sensitivity training workshop for both partners and general staff employees
- Partners of Oregon CPA firms reviewing and updating their internal CPA firm ethical principles and procedure manuals
- Gain more confidence in your personal and professional ethical judgments
- An increased sensitivity towards accounting-related ethical issues and dilemmas
- Familiarity with AICPA and Oregon State Board ethical reporting and compliance procedures
- How to identify ethical issues involved in making professional accounting decisions
- How to recognize the considerations in analysis and resolution of ethical dilemmas
- How to apply ethical rules and guidelines to public accounting situations
- How have the Oregon State Courts interpreted our standards
- CPA responsibilities and conduct described in the AICPA and Oregon State Board of Accountancy laws, rules, and Code of Ethics
- Learn about Oregon’s unique legal (and ethical) position on a CPA’s potential client breach of fiduciary duty
Jim Rigos, CPA, CMA, CFM, is an attorney-CPA who has written and lectured widely in accounting, ethics, and legal topics. He graduated from Boston University Law School and has served on the AICPA's Accountants Liability committee. He is presently a National Director of the American Academy of Attorney-CPAs, and chairs their national ethics and dual practice committee. 2018 is the 40th year the business has operated. He enjoys writing and teaching review courses because it adds intellectual value to the careers of young professionals. He lives in Seattle, Washington with his wife Doreen, who is also a teacher. Their daughter, Sarah, graduated from Cornell and subsequently earned an MPhil. in Comparative Government from Pembroke College, Oxford, U.K. She is now employed by the U.K. government in high tech city development.