|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
QuickBooks is an extremely powerful product with features and capabilities of which many users are either not aware or do not know how to utilize effectively. This course helps you get more out of QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online and to resolve the issues with which even experienced QuickBooks users often struggle, such as locking down prior periods. This program starts out fast with a chapter covering the top issues accountants face with QuickBooks. The day continues with practical guidance and solutions designed to help accountants get the most out of QuickBooks for themselves and/or their clients. You will learn about issues, such as setting up a new company, configuring and customizing QuickBooks preferences, and enabling system security and password protection features. In addition, you will learn how to lock down transactions in prior periods, the audit trail, customizing reports, exporting reports to Excel, and extending QuickBooks’ usefulness with tools such as the Fixed Asset Manager and Loan Manager.
Getting back to business with technology-focused learning!
Technology-focused training should be a cornerstone of any business plan, and OSCPA is pleased to offer a series of technology-focused learning options led by the team at K2 Enterprises to help you meet your objectives.
Purchase 4 or more courses and save $25 on each course.* At checkout, enter Promo Code: K2-21
- Multiple dates and topics to choose from – Click Here
*This offer does not include the Technology Conference with K2 Enterprises.
- Identify appropriate responses to common QuickBooks user issues, such as closing accounting periods, eliminating payables and receivables from cash-basis financial statements, purging old transactions from QuickBooks, voiding checks in prior periods, viewing underlying debit and credit entries, and recommended end-of-period procedures
- List new features added to recent versions of QuickBooks and QuickBooks Online and apply these features; additionally, differentiate between the different products in the QuickBooks family
- Define appropriate procedures for setting up client data files in QuickBooks including converting data from other accounting applications, creating data files, using templates, entering beginning balances, establishing user access and security rights and privileges, and establishing preferences
- Identify techniques for creating reports and analyzing data in QuickBooks, including creating and customizing Reports, and exporting reports to Excel
- Identify situations where QuickBooks Online may be an appropriate solution for a business currently using or considering using QuickBooks
If you would like to register for this event, please contact OSCPA at 800-255-1470, 503-641-7200, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brian F. Tankersley is a consultant who advises US firms and companies on accounting technology issues. Mr. Tankersley is a frequent speaker at continuing education courses for K2 Enterprises, and publishes a nationally recognized blog on accounting and technology (www.cpatechblog.com). He has also served as the technology editor for a major accounting industry publication. Mr. Tankersley has over 25 years of professional experience, including accounting, auditing, technology, and education, and has been with K2 Enterprises since 2005, and he is also one of the national instructors for Yaeger CPA Review.
Tankersley has been recognized eight times as one of the “Top 25 Thought Leaders in Public Accounting Technology” by Cygnus Business Media. Brian has made presentations in 48 of the 50 US states and has served as a guest speaker for many professional accounting organizations across Canada. He has received numerous awards for his writing and speaking from state CPA societies. Brian has presented sessions at most major national accounting technology conferences, including AICPA TECH+/Practitioners Conference, The Sleeter Group’s Solutions Conference, Sage Summit, CCH Connections, and Thomson Reuters Synergy User Conference.
Brian is a Certified Public Accountant (Tennessee), a Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP), and a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA). He holds bachelor’s degrees in both Accounting and Finance, cum laude, from the University of Tennessee. Tankersley also maintains numerous vendor software certifications, and is a member of the Tennessee Society of CPAs and the American Institute of CPAs.
Brian and his family make their home in Farragut, Tennessee.