|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
This two-day course is designed for new staff or paraprofessionals entering, or "rusty" preparers returning to the work force. The course is a comprehensive study of individual taxation, with an introduction to C corporation and S corporation preparation issues. This great reference manual contains many examples and cases to illustrate the most important points new preparers need to be aware of for current tax returns.
Early Registration Discount: Save $50 on each registration made through 1/10/21. Discount will be applied at checkout.
The OSCPA has partnered with the Idaho Society of CPAs
New entry-level staff accountants (less than two year's of experience) desiring an "in-depth" study of taxation.
- Understand complete detailed problems associated with the preparation of Form 1040
- Understand income issues and Schedules A - E of the Form 1040
- Complete a comprehensive problem related to Form 4797
- Understand depreciation, including §179, additional first-year and MACRS depreciation
- Understand IRA contributions, childcare credits, and rules for the adoption tax credit
- Complete a comprehensive problem related to computation of an individual's federal income tax liability
- Complete coverage of any new legislation targeting individual taxation issues
- Gross income, exclusions from income, parental election for certain taxpayers
- Interest and dividend income, exclusions for Education Savings Bonds
- Trade or business activities and their problems, employee vs. independent contractor overview, and home office deduction rules
- Property transactions applicable to all taxpayers including proper depreciation calculation and recapture rules under Sections 1231, 1245, and 1250
- Capital asset transactions
- MACRS depreciation, Section 179 & additional first-year depreciation rules
- Can I write off that new SUV?
- Distributions and rollovers from qualified retirement plans, Traditional and Roth IRAs, and Education Savings
- Passive activity losses – understanding what they are and how they work
- Who qualifies as a real-estate professional
- Standard deduction, selected itemized deductions, personal and dependent exemption rules
- Tax calculations, regular tax, penalty taxes on retirement distributions, SE tax, and an overview of the alternative minimum tax system
- Selected tax credits relating to individual taxpayers including American Opportunity, Lifetime learning, Adoption and Child Credit
- Introduction to S corp. taxation including S corp. recent regulations
- Introduction to C corporation issues including book/tax differences
- The latest cases and rulings involving depreciation and amortization issues and how they impact clients, along with the most useful planning opportunities, and much more
If you would like to register for this event, please contact OSCPA at 800-255-1470, 503-641-7200, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.