|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
Note: Beginning July 1, 2020, ALL active and inactive licensees are required to take an Oregon-specific ethics course to meet the CPE requirement for renewal.
- Be apprised to the expansion of Big Data within major industries, including COVID-related healthcare.
- Differentiate between unintentional data breaches, such as security breaches, and such avoidable breaches as violation as violation of privacy protections.
- Gain an understanding of privacy protection based on a theory of trust as opposed to rules-based or content-based approaches.
- Review the trust-related elements of accountants' professional ethics.
- Consider real world cases that bring to light ethical considerations involving Big Data.
- Introduction: Big Data is Getting Bigger
- Ethical Implications of Big Data Getting Bigger
- Ethics of Big Data: Three Theories
- Trust Theory and the Duty to be Aware
- Rules Theory and the Duty to Monitor
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.