|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
Security is a top concern for CPAs every year. Yet many hacks result from organizations not implementing effective internal controls over information technology. In this session, you will learn about critical IT-related controls using a case study approach with stories which are all new for 2020. More specifically, you will learn from real-world examples of breaches and security failures. Accordingly, you will understand better how to protect your company and its data. Attend this fast-paced session and learn more about IT-related controls you can use to prevent computer crimes such as identity and information theft, tax refund fraud, and more.
Upon completing this session, you should be able to:
- List at least three major security incidents reported in the headlines in the last two years, and explain at least one major control design or operation flaws which allowed the hack to occur
- Define the three factors used to authenticate someone to a system and explain why two-factor authentication is preferable to one-factor authentication
- Explain why home-grade computer hardware and applications are inherently less secure than business and enterprise grade hardware and applications
- List at least three best practices learned as a result of reviewing the incidents cited in the case studies
- Data breach and computer security tips
- Security awareness training
- Learn more about current events and improve your security knowledge at the same time
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email email@example.com.