|Full time Accounting Educator:||-239.00|
When you complete this course, you will have advanced to the top of the profession in your ability to perform powerful data analytics and create engaging dashboards. You will be sought after in your organization as the “go-to” person to tap into these skills to help your management team and colleagues make better business decisions. You will leave with knowledge that will set you apart in your profession.
To optimize your learning experience, we highly recommend that you bring your laptop with the appropriate software installed.
NOTE: Install the Power Pivot Excel add-in and Power BI Desktop prior to class. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed instructions on how to prepare your laptop for a hands-on experience.
- Understand the various Power BI tools available
- Know which Power BI tool to use in various situations
- Know how to use Power Pivot to take your data analysis to the next level
- Create measures that weren’t possible in regular Pivot Tables
- Analyze date-based data in many new ways
- Build interactive visuals to present your data analysis
- Introduction to Excel Power BI tools
- Loading data into Power Pivot
- Using Power Query to clean and transform data
- Building a data model
- Creating calculations using DAX functions and formulas
- Using a date table to create time-intelligent measures
- Building visuals using Power BI Desktop
- Publishing data models and visualizations to Power BI Services
Bryan is the co-founder of CPA Crossings, LLC, (est. 2001), which specializes in helping accounting, tax and financial professionals to leverage technology to increase the quality and efficiency of their services.
Bryan’s primary qualification is his understanding of the business side of technology which allows him to help CPAs bridge the gap between business and technology. He has extensive knowledge and experience in proper Excel design techniques as well as helping CPAs build spreadsheets that are accurate and allow for better data analysis. As a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Bryan has spent a considerable amount of time auditing and validating thousands of Excel spreadsheets.
Bryan is responsible for CPA Crossings’ Data Analysis practice area, where he has developed various data analysis and Microsoft Power BI courses. He also provides coaching services to various organizations to train and coach staff on proper data analysis techniques and how to use Power BI to enhance data analysis within their organization.
Some of Bryan’s key accomplishments include:
• More than 30 years in the implementation of technology to automate business processes
• Nationally recognized speaker and author on technology issues affecting the CPA profession, with an emphasis on IT security, Excel spreadsheet design and Business Intelligence (BI)
• Master of Science in Information Assurance
• Member of the Information System Audit and Control Association
• Past Chair, Michigan Association of CPAs Information Technology Task Force
• Past Chair, Michigan Association of CPAs Leadership Task Force