|Full time Accounting Educator:||-160.00|
NOTE: Group-live demonstration and discussion. This course is “laptop-friendly” and participants will have access to demonstration files. This course focuses on features found in Excel 2016 and newer for Windows.
- Identify situations in which various Excel features can increase productivity and apply each of these techniques in context, such as Freeze Panes, Split Windows, selecting cells with special characteristics, AutoCorrect, the Office Clipboard, and Paste Special
- Implement tools and techniques for formatting data in Excel, including multiline column headings, Accounting Format, custom date and number formats, and Conditional Formatting
- Customize Excel’s user environment, including the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar, adjust Excel’s options to improve efficiency, and create and use templates to increase efficiency and productivity
- Utilize various formula-building tools to create formulas more efficiently and create various types of formulas, including formulas, to manipulate text and dates, formulas containing VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions, formulas that contain conditional calculations, and formulas that contain circular references
- Link data across multiple Excel worksheets and workbooks, update and manage links, and create sum-through formulas and rolling reports
- Implement procedures for producing Excel-based reports, including adjusting print settings, using the Camera feature to create report forms, and working with Custom Views to automate print settings
Throughout the program, your K2 instructor will reinforce key learning points with practical, real-world examples that will improve your understanding and comprehension of the topics presented. This highly acclaimed course draws on over twenty-five years of experience in delivering spreadsheet training to accounting and financial professionals, which assures you of the relevance and usefulness of the information and guidance provided during the program.
Lawrence A. (Mac) McClelland, MBA, JD an attorney and accounting professional, is an associate of K2 Enterprises of Hammond, Louisiana, and Network Management Group of Hutchinson, Kansas.
Mac was formerly the director of the Centre for Financial Studies at the University of Otago in Dunedin, New Zealand, where he lived and worked for seven years from 1990 to 1997. He was also a member of the faculty of the Advanced Business Programme, ranked in the top 100 MBA programs in the world by The Economist, specializing in business strategy and strategic management accounting.
He gained his practical experience in information systems with the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and has an established practice in business and technology consulting. Mac has taught hundreds of continuing professional education seminars to accountants and business managers in the United States, New Zealand, Australia, Japan, and Southeast Asia. His presentations are highly rated, and he has won several awards for teaching excellence.
Mac has been published in leading business and practitioner journals, including Tax Ideas, Computers in Accounting, Journal of Accounting Education, Chartered Accountants Journal of New Zealand, and the top-rated Journal of Accounting Research.Rev. 2/19