|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
The role of HR Professionals includes coaching leaders to actively enforce and comply with all policies designed to maintain a harmonious working environment.
Critical to maintaining harmonious working environment are that employees have high self-esteem, are treated with respect, and work in a safe, non-violent setting.
HR Professionals will learn how to coach leaders to take appropriate action and deal effectively with discriminatory comments, sexual harassment, and threats and acts of violence.
- How to coach your leaders in effective employee relations practices that minimize employer and personal liability
- Scripted responses to use in sensitive employee relations situations
- How to avoid senior managers saying to HR “You should have anticipated this” after an avoidable legal claim
- Preventing offensive or hostile working environment claims
- How to disassociate yourself from discriminatory comments
- How to handle discriminatory comments or jokes made by subordinates, peers, senior leaders, non-employees and VIP visitors
- How to address potential sexual harassment situations
- Proper initial response to sexual harassment complaints
- Procedures for investigating and resolving sexual harassment complaints
- Responding to early warning signs of workplace violence
- Responding to threats of violence
- Conducting threat assessments
- Minimizing employer and personal liability for incidents of violence
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email email@example.com.