|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
One can perform a financial statement audit in accordance with all of the standards but unless you walk amongst the people (client’s staff), talk to them (you initiate the conversation); look at what is actually going in in the work environment, and actually listen to what people are telling you (and not telling you), often the result will be a substandard audit. This presentation discusses how you should do each of the above in an effective manner that will significantly increase your chances of performing an effective audit and detect any problems that would result in a material misstatement.
- Discover the importance of walking among the client’s staff and what you hope to accomplish by doing so
- Develop techniques of establishing a rapport with individuals with different types of personalities in such a way that they feel comfortable telling you what they know and what they think they know
- Learn the importance of building bridge and why you should never burn one
- Prepare to listen to individuals talk about things you have no interest in but which you need to show and interest in
- Understand how to turn a conversation from what someone else (a client’s employee) want to talk about to what you want to talk about without hurting their feelings