|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
This program presents a detailed analysis of the self-rental passive activity rules, including forms reporting examples and integrates them with the flow-through entity rules related to self-rental. This course qualifies for PTIN credit. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
CPAs working in public accounting and members in industry.
To provide a working knowledge of the passive activity and flow-through entity rules for "self-rental property" and show how these situations should be reported on various tax forms.
- Definition of self-rental property
- Self-rental income from directly owned properties and reporting on Form 1040, Schedule E, page 1
- Self-rental income from indirectly owned (partnerships, S corporations) and reporting on Form 1040, Schedule E, page 2
- Self-rental property and the Form 8582 (passive activity)
- Self-rental property and the flow-through entity grouping election
- Several real-life situations illustrate the various possibilities and discuss the consequences of failing to comply with the reporting standards
- Self-rental property and "former passive activities" rules
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email email@example.com.