|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
Until recently, paying vendors was a simple matter of processing an invoice and issuing a check. No longer. Ongoing advances in technology, credit card, debit card, and ACH require advanced payment techniques. With that trend, unfortunately, are coming new opportunities for fraudsters to steal from your organization. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
CPAs, bankers, senior financial executives, internal auditors, AP managers, operations managers, controllers, CFOs, treasurers, compliance officers, security and risk managers
At the conclusion of the webinar you will be able to..
- Conduct a cost-effective Fraud Risk Assessment of your most commonly used payment methods
- Identify the critical red flags of all forms of check, ACH and P-card fraud
- Detect payment fraud before material financial damage occurs
- Obtain optimal payment fraud prevention tools from your financial institution
- Recommend a better payment fraud control structure-including the segregation of duties, employee background checks and employee awareness training
Peter Goldmann will show you....
- Who commits each major type of payment fraud-focusing on check, ACH and P-Card schemes
- Inside secrets from actual fraudsters
- Vendor billing schemes that exploit payment process control weaknesses
- Latest electronic payment schemes (ACH hijacking, spear-phishing, social engineering and more)
- Check counterfeiting, forgery and tampering schemes to be aware of
- How to detect common external payments schemes versus internal attacks
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email email@example.com.