|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
One of the biggest professional challenges for CPAs, CFOs, controllers and auditors today is keeping current with the rapid pace of information technology. This course explores the new and emerging technologies impacting the fields of accounting, finance, auditing and business in general. Covering the full landscape, from the ground level of personal computer technology to the 5,000-foot level of emerging mega technologies like blockchain, artificial intelligence, data analytics, robotic process automation and more, this session provides the latest update. Investing a day to attend this course prepares you to actively participate in discussions with management, IT and service providers topics related to information technology. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
Anyone who wants to get up to date on the impact of current technologies affecting business
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Recognize and be aware of the important technology trends that will impact you and your organization
- Recall the important aspects of these technologies to prepare you to participate in discussions with your colleagues, clients, customers, IT staff and service providers
- Select a strategy for how to integrate these technologies into your operations
- Identify the emerging skills that will benefit you professionally
The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- The current state of computer technologies such as server infrastructure, PCs, laptops, mobile devices, displays and more
- Cloud based software update - financial, ERP, workflow and productivity apps
- Emerging mega technologies at the core of "Industry 4.0" - what they are and potential applications
- IoT (Internet of Things), big data, data analytics, KPI dashboards
- Artificial intelligence (AI), robotic process automation (RPA), Blockchain
- Understanding the role of the Office 365 ecosystem in building a cloud-based digital office