|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
Most accountants use Excel to help them make decisions about their data. However, as the amount of data grows, it becomes difficult to make strategic decisions based on rows and rows and columns and columns of data. In this course, you will learn how to build robust dashboards for analyzing key metrics in Excel. We will begin with some dashboard design guidelines, such as understanding your audience and identifying necessary metrics. Then, we will work through importing data, setting up calculated fields and columns, and creating key performance indicators (KPIs) for the dashboards. You will learn how you can add charts and eye-catching visuals with Power View, in order to make your dashboards easily understood. This session is presented using Excel 2013. Regardless of the version you are using, ALL concepts covered in this course apply to ALL versions of Excel. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
Anyone who wants to use Excel to make strategic decisions
After completing this class you will have the ability to...
- Understand how you can make strategic decisions based on dashboards
- Create KPI dashboards
- Use various Excel tools to easily create meaningful KPI dashboards
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Dashboard design guidelines
- Setting up a Data Model
- Creating calculated fields and columns
- Creating KPIs
- Adding a linked table to the data model
- Creating PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Adding Power View visualizations
- Reviewing the completed dashboard