|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
Note: Beginning July 1, 2020, ALL active and inactive licensees are required to take an Oregon-specific ethics course to meet the CPE requirement for renewal.
After attending this presentation you will be able to stay in compliance with ethics requirements by:
- Identifying recent changes to the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct and other ethics standard-setters
- Recognizing the regulatory requirements created by other state boards of accountancy, the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy, and recent regulatory initiatives
- Recognizing the application of those standards in practice, emphasizing the experience of other practitioners
The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- Stay in compliance with recent ethics standards changes that impact your practice.
- Learn about key regulatory changes and initiatives impacting CPAs and the future of the profession.
- Discuss emerging issues and standard-setting activity that could affect your practice in the future.
- Explore practical applications of the standards and hear about common practice issues and challenges. Examples include: does independence matter, can you ethically serve clients in the cannabis industry, and are you required to report potential noncompliance with laws and regulations to third parties?
- Learn how failure to follow the standards can result in unwanted regulatory actions and publicity.
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.