* This course is #6 in the Microsoft Power BI series of webinars. Click button in Program Content section below to see suggested viewing order. *
This course focuses on using the Power Pivot features to enhance data analysis. We will review the 4 features of Power Pivot (data model, calculations, hierarchies and KPI's) and you will learn how you can use each of these features. Although, the majority of the time will be spent on building the data model and using calculations.
You will learn how to add data to your data model either directly into Power Pivot or from Power Query. We will discuss the benefits of the data model relationships versus using the VLOOKUP function to access data in different tables.
One of the strengths of Power Pivot is the formula language called DAX (Data Analysis eXpressions). We will introduce DAX so that you can use basic DAX formulas to build various calculations in the data model. You will learn the difference between calculated columns and measures as we build these various calculations into our data model.
This session is presented using Excel 2019/Office365. Regardless of the version you are using, most concepts covered in this course apply to all versions of Excel.
NOTE: If you want to apply the concepts presented, you will need Excel 2013, 2016 or 2019/Office 365 AND the Power Pivot add-in pre-installed. To see our full prerequisite recommendations, see PROGRAM CONTENT section below.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
Anyone who uses or wants to use Excel for data analysis
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Create a data model using Power Pivot
- Differentiate between calculated columns and measures
- Use Power Pivot for data analysis
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Data modeling in Power Pivot
- Using basic DAX to create calculations
- What are and when to use calculated columns and measures
- Using the data model in Power Pivot to create PivotTables
- Hierarchies in Power Pivot
TO SEE OUR FULL PREREQUISITE RECOMMENDATIONS AND INSTRUCTIONS, CLICK HERE
This course is #6 in the Microsoft Power BI series of webinars. Click button below to see suggested viewing order.View Series Sequence