|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
Note: Beginning July 1, 2020, ALL active and inactive licensees are required to take an Oregon-specific ethics course to meet the CPE requirement for renewal.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Recognize the ethical challenges created by the use of emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence and the related foundational principles included in the Code of Professional Standards.
- Highlight the ethical imperative for remaining competent in this new environment in order to continue to serve in the public interest.
- Consider whether current ethics standards address all of the challenges associated with data privacy and security.
The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- The foundational ethical principles that CPAs are required to follow and how these principles apply to audit quality, data privacy and security, and the use of emerging technologies.
- Whether our profession needs to change to continue to meet the ethical challenges in a technology-centric environment.
- Consideration of the changes being considered by the AICPA and the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy that could impact the future of the profession.
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email email@example.com.