This is a Self-Study / On-Demand event. In the event title, "Webcast" indicates the event has a self-paced webcast to view with the materials to complete the self-study. "Download" indicates the user downloads only the materials to complete the self-study.
|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
Note: Beginning July 1, 2020, ALL active and inactive licensees are required to take an Oregon-specific ethics course to meet the CPE requirement for renewal. This means licensees renewing in 2021 and beyond will be affected by the rule change. This seminar will qualify for technical credit only beginning July 1, 2020.
- Describe what it means to be a professional
- Discuss courteous, conscientious, and businesslike behaviors
- Explain the importance of character, integrity, and serving the public interest
- Describe the importance of independence and objectivity
- The AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- The Conceptual Framework for Independence
- Safeguarding independence when performing both attest and non-attest services
- Real-life difficult scenarios and ethical dilemmas commonly faced by new professionals