|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
Understanding the impact of employment laws when working with employees is both challenging and confusing. Most company policies are based on federal or state laws. The enforcement and interpretation of policies need to be consistent and fair. Participants will learn the basics of employment law and how they affect employment best practices, and specifically, the interview process. They will learn techniques to help control the interview and discover the hidden talents of applicants.
Supervisors and managers who need to have a basic understanding of employment laws
- Understand the basics of employment law and how they affect employment best practices
- Identify techniques to help control the interview and discover the hidden talents of applicants
- How the application of policies and employment laws within the workplace can reduce employee complaints, and protect your company from claims of discrimination or wrongful behavior
- Examining wage and pay practices, FMLA examples, and other challenging workplace questions, to insure actions are consistent with laws/policies
- Key functions of employment including recruitment, interviewing and selection
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.