|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
How do you pull a value from a cell into another cell? Do you use a direct cell reference, like =G10? If so, you are probably missing out on some efficiency gains that could be achieved by using a variety of Excel's lookup functions. Veteran Excel users, who are aware of the VLOOKUP function, are also painfully aware of its limitations--especially that it cannot go left. We will explore how to bypass VLOOKUP's limitations by nesting functions and by moving beyond VLOOKUP altogether.
Accounting professionals using Excel for Windows
- Recognize when and why a lookup function is better than a direct cell reference
- Use three of Excel's many lookup functions
- Gain comfort with the arguments of the functions presented
- Using lookup functions as an alternative to direct cell references
- Understand the limitations of the VLOOKUP function
- Discover ways to move beyond these limitations
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email email@example.com.