|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
Discover new tax developments at the state and local level. Important issues that impact you and your clients will be discussed!
CPE: 8 hours
CLE-OR: 7 hours
Businesses registering 6 or more receive a discount. Check out the group livestream pricing here! To ensure the health and safety of attendees and to follow the local and federal guidelines during the Coronavirus pandemic, group registration process is below:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide your participant list (names & emails)
- Webcast confirmation emails will be sent direct to each participant
- OSCPA will provide the group contact with an invoice
Conference is developed by the OSCPA State and Local Tax Project Committee.
CPAs and professionals looking for the latest word on state and local taxation.
Provide an overview of recent regional developments in state and local taxes.
Conference topics include:
- Oregon New Law Update
Deanna Mack, Oregon Department of Revenue
This session will provide an update on new laws affecting Oregon taxation.
- Oregon Corporate Activity Tax (CAT) Update
Scott Schiefelbein, Attorney, Deloitte LLP
This session will provide an overview of the Oregon CAT. This overview will cover the evolution of the CAT, the mechanics of how the CAT should be calculated, a summary of latest developments, and observations and recommendations for proceeding into 2021.
- Washington Tax Update
Darcy Kooiker, CPA, Armanino LLP
Washington has had an eclectic year of tax law changes and rulings which are good and bad for taxpayers. During this session we will discuss tax changes involving large private planes, plastic bags, heavy equipment rental, service businesses, car tabs and many more interesting topics including how a Oregon-based employees choosing to work from home in Washington during the pandemic impacts the Oregon employer's Washington tax liability.
- California Tax Update
Kathleen Wright, CPA, JD, LLM (Taxation), MBA
This session will provide an update on new legislation, conformity issues, and worker classification for California.
- City of Portland / Multnomah County – Revenue Division Updates
Tyler Wallace, EA, City of Portland Revenue Division
This presentation will provide updates for the City of Portland Revenue Division. In this presentation we will cover the Business License Tax, Multnomah County Business Income Tax, The Arts Tax, the newly passed Metro income taxes and other programs administered by the Revenue Division.
- Metro Housing Tax Update
Details coming soon!
- Oregon Case Law Update
Gwen Griffith, Attorney, Tonkon Torp LLP
Details coming soon!
This year, OSCPA is pleased to welcome OAIA members. Registration information is below:
- Select one of the options below (OAIA Member, OSCPA Member or Other)
- Click "Add to Cart"
- OAIA Members - in cart, select "Apply Discounts"
- Click "This person is a member of another State CPA Society." This will apply the member rate.
- Click Save
- Login (or create a guest account) to complete checkout
- If you have successfully registered, you will receive a confirmation within 24 hours
Questions: contact us at email@example.com or 503-641-2700 / 800-255-1470, ext. 3.
If you would like to register for this event, please contact OSCPA at 800-255-1470, 503-641-7200, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.