|Full time Accounting Educator:||-152.00|
- Analysis of the compilation and review statements, interpretations, risk alerts, and technical practice aids issued the past 18 months including SSARS 24
- Detailed analysis of the SSARS 21 “Preparation of Financial Statements” engagement standards with detailed implementation guidance
- Detailed analysis of the SSARS 21 “Compilation” engagement standards with detailed implementation guidance
- Detailed analysis of the SSARS 21 “Review” engagement standards with detailed implementation guidance
- Common mistakes made in preparation, compilation, and review engagements as identified in peer review and in litigation
Walter J. Haig II, CPA, owns his own CPA firm in Creston, Washington. His experience is extensive in auditing, accounting and advisory services to family-owned businesses. He is also a highly regarded consultant in cases involving accountant's malpractice.
Haig lectures nationally in the areas of auditing, accounting, compilation and review services, personal financial statements, forecasts and projections, and personal financial planning. His skills as an instructor have won him the AICPA's Outstanding Discussion Leader Award five times and the Washington Society of CPA's Highest Rated Instructor Award six times. The Washington Society of CPA's Discussion Leader of the Year Award was named in his honor in 1990. He has been rated as the best instructor of auditing and accounting courses in more than a dozen states. In addition, he was one of the highest rated presenters at six of the AICPA annual National Auditing and Technical Symposiums. Haig is the author of eight highly rated continuing professional education courses that are presently being utilized on a national basis.
Haig has served on various AICPA and Washington Society of CPA's task forces and committees in the areas of auditing, personal financial planning and continuing education. He received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Business from the University of Colorado.