|Full time Accounting Educator:||-162.00|
CFO Series – Day 2
The CFO Series provides a convenient, one-stop way for senior-level financial managers and executives, CFOs and those who aspire to be CFOs, to choose multiple days of CPE with a single decision. Each day consists of an expert, leading discussions on four different topics. The CFO Series features high-quality presentations and an interactive, executive-level, colleague-to-colleague approach with case studies, group discussions, and team exercises.
Purchase three or more and save $25 on each course. That's a savings of $125 on the full series!
- Enter Promo Code: CFO2020
Each topic and each day stand on their own. If you are not sure about making a multi-day commitment, sign up for just a single day. We think you will come back for more!
- Learn to think more critically
- Understand how to network more effectively
- Gain insights into how to manage compensation and bonus plans more effectively
- Learn some of MS Word’s advanced features
- What were they thinking? Why do business leaders sometimes make horrible decisions that severely damage themselves and their organizations? It is tempting to assume that a poor choice must be due to a leader’s incompetence, inexperience, bad character, or low intelligence – but such easily attributed factors generally aren’t the true cause when leaders blunder. In such situations, many turn to finance and accounting professionals for evaluation, answers, remedies, and solutions for improved future decision-making.
Effective Networking: Take Control of Your Career
- It is not who you know, but who knows you. You land jobs, win clients, make sales and get promotions based on your visibility within your company, industry, and business community. According to several studies, 70-75% of all new jobs are found through networking. Despite knowing that we should network, the prospect of talking to other people in a room full of total strangers or making new phone contacts may terrify us.
- The unknowns scare us most of all. This session will help you find the courage to network by preparing you for that phone contact or networking event. We will talk about what to say, how to say it, and most importantly, why you will do your most effective networking when you listen a lot more than you talk. The skills from this session can put you on the path to networking like an expert.
The CFO’s Role in Compensation and Bonus Plans
- For many organizations, compensation is the single most important cost category. This session will discuss why the CFO must involve themselves with compensation and benefit plan design and administration. This session will pay particular attention to bonus plans, covering plan design, administration, and common plan features currently in use today.
MS Word: Advanced Features
- Financial professionals are often Excel experts but are unaware of MS Word tools that can save time and make their written communications considerably more professional looking and easier to read. This session covers tools you have probably never used and others you may not be using correctly. Your whole department could use this course!
John L. Daly, MBA, CPA, CMA, CPIM, is a Chelsea, Michigan-based management consultant specializing in costing, pricing strategy and pricing model development. He has taught continuing professional education courses since 1995 and began doing ethics seminars two weeks before the Enron scandal. John has been CFO for a Tier 1 automotive parts supplier and a large restaurant chain and COO for a window treatments manufacturer and retailer. He is the author of Pricing for Profitability, published by Wiley & Sons.