|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
CFO Series – Day 4
Learn about new tools that enable us to more efficiently and effectively manage all aspects of accounts receivable and payables. Explore short-term, mid-term, and long-term cash management techniques to figure out which ones work best in your organization. In this course we will also discuss running meetings that are not only productive, but also enjoyable.
The CFO Series provides a convenient, one-stop way for senior-level financial managers and executives, CFOs and those who aspire to be CFOs, to choose multiple days of CPE with a single decision. Each day consists of an expert leading discussion on four different topics. The CFO Series features high-quality presentations and an interactive, executive-level, colleague-to-colleague approach with case studies, group discussions, and team exercises.
Register for three or more and save $25 on each course. That's a savings of $125 on the full series!
- Enter Promo Code: CFO2020
CFO Series – Day 1: September 10, 2020 – Advanced Skills Made Easy
CFO Series – Day 2: September 11, 2020 – Become More Effective
CFO Series – Day 3:October 13, 2020 – Emotional Intelligence – What Makes Great Leaders Great?
CFO Series – Day 5: November 9, 2020 – Developing Credibility – Inside and Outside the Organization
Each topic and each day stand on their own. If you are not sure about making a multi-day commitment, sign up for just a single day. We think you will come back for more!
- Our responsibility to safeguard our organization’s assets has not changed in the 21st century, but our tools have. New tools now allow us to more efficiently and effectively manage and control all the aspects of accounts receivable and payables. This session will help you save time on routine tasks. We can use the time saved to become better business partners. This session will discuss how we can leverage our accounts receivable and accounts payable skills to add value and help our organization succeed.
- Leverage technology to manage A/R and A/P
- Structure A/R to provide your organization a strategic advantage
- Ten ways to collect your money
- Make A/P a tool to enhance our supply chain’s potential
- Use benchmarking metrics to manage and track the effectiveness of A/R and A/P in cash management
Cash Management Techniques
- Cash is king, but it does not manage itself. This session will explore short-term, mid-term, and long-term cash management techniques and attempt to answer these issues:
- How can we shorten the cash conversion cycle?
- How can we use technology to improve receipts?
- How working with vendors and customers can help cash management efforts
- How working capital loans depend on our collateral and overall debt capacity
- How banks and other lenders fit into our long-term cash and capital needs
Cash Forecasting, Reporting, and Metrics
- Some organizations manage their cash in a reactive fashion, responding to cash requirements as they happen. This helter-skelter approach can be inefficient, chaotic, and extremely dangerous. Proper cash management requires planning and forecasting. This session explores the methods and models to help you understand which ones would work best for your organization. Additionally, this session will identify common cash metrics we should consider sharing with key stakeholders.
Better Meetings: Make Meetings Fun & Productive
- Most meetings are a snooze-fest; they waste time and prevent you from getting work done. Why do some businesses have productive meetings and others do not? Do we really need to have a meeting? What are the alternatives? This session discusses many proven tactics to make your meetings highly productive. The techniques can help you and your organization, whether you are in the C-suite or starting your career. Learn how to lead meetings that are productive and fun.
If you would like to register for this event, please contact OSCPA at 800-255-1470, 503-641-7200, or email email@example.com.