|Full time Accounting Educator:||-162.00|
CFO Series – Day 3
The CFO Series provides a convenient, one-stop way for senior-level financial managers and executives, CFOs and those who aspire to be CFOs, to choose multiple days of CPE with a single decision. Each day consists of an expert leading discussion on four different topics. The CFO Series features high-quality presentations and an interactive, executive-level, colleague-to-colleague approach with case studies, group discussions, and team exercises.
Purchase three or more and save $25 on each course. That's a savings of $125 on the full series!
- Enter Promo Code: CFO2020
Each topic and each day stand on their own. If you are not sure about making a multi-day commitment, sign up for just a single day. We think you will come back for more!
Emotional Intelligence: The Critical Factor in Success
- Emotional intelligence is an individual’s capacity to understand both their own and other people’s emotions, as well as how to react to these feelings in an appropriate manner. Research proves that emotional intelligence (EI) is a compelling predictor of personal, professional, and social success.
- Every business leader can improve their emotional intelligence, including you. Many businesses utilize EI for promotions and hiring. This session will discuss the twelve keys to EI and proven tactics to help every aspiring leader “work smarter."
Motivating the Right Way: Get the Most from Your Staff
- Are you getting the most from your staff? Are you paying top dollar and still not getting high performance? New research gives us the insights to effectively motivate your people. This session discusses proven people-motivation tactics. Many “old” methods really did not motivate in the past and certainly do not work today. Getting the most from your people requires new, very learnable, leadership techniques. Whether your business is large or a start-up, getting people to move forward as one is a challenge. This session will show you how to create an environment where your talented employees can excel.
Business Ethics: Cases from the Real World
- Being consistently ethical is a challenge. Most of us have had to make tough choices. This session will discuss real-world cases involving thorny ethical dilemmas and how to resolve them.
- Being ethical is not the same as complying with the law and ethical issues are not always black and white. This session will review different professional ethical standards. What does integrity mean in the office? If you want to learn lessons from the best in a short time, this session is for you. Participate in engaging dialogue about how to prepare for the inevitable ethical situations. These lessons are valuable for every business leader.
Don’t Be the Messenger Who Gets Shot
- The average CFO’s tenure is about three years, while the tenure for other financial positions may not be much better. One cause may be our responsibility to deliver BAD news. Sadly, sometimes the messenger gets shot. How can some people deliver bad news and actually strengthen their position, while others find themselves without a job?
- Many financial professionals believe that, “I just need to know the numbers really well to keep my job.” Every day proves this fallacy wrong. How you say it is often more important than what you say. This session will teach you proven techniques to deliver bad news so that you actually strengthen your relationship with your CEO, Board, bank, and management team.
Don Minges, MBA, is a fractional CFO who works in diverse industries at various development stages. His expertise is in profitability enhancement, strategic planning, venture capital, mergers & acquisitions, consulting, turnarounds, economic forecasting, cost accounting and financial analysis. Don has experience raising equity for several growing firms and has invested equity capital into promising businesses. He has served on the Board of Directors for many firms. He graduated with highest honors from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke.