|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
Stay up-to-date on rapidly changing developments by participating in the 2020 Governmental Accounting and Auditing Update! Take advantage of this opportunity to find out about breaking government issues. This is your opportunity to hear about the latest challenges facing governments and practitioners who work with them and audit them, presented by leading experts on governmental accounting and auditing, both those who work in the trenches and those from the regulatory world.
With all of the fiscal, regulatory, and new standards challenges facing governments and their auditors, it is important to keep current on critical issues and developments. From a governmental accounting, auditing, and compliance perspective, 2020 will be a critical year for implementing new standards and requirements! Plus, it is imperative that you start planning for the significant changes coming in 2021 and beyond!
GASB has issued an unprecedented number of standards in the last several years—issuing 19 statements in 2015–2018 and one, so far, in 2020. Now is the time to find out about the details on how these and other recently effective standards will affect governmental accounting and reporting. The ACPEN panel of experts can fill you in on all the latest details you need to know about critical new requirements, implementation issues, and developments.
It is time to implement GASB’s new standard on fiduciary activities, and implementation of the complex new lease standard is coming soon! You’ll get the latest scoop on all the new standards from both the GASB and audit implementation sides—and hear about solutions to those issues. Now is the time to find out about the details on how these and other recently effective standards will affect governmental accounting and reporting.
New hot topic for 2020 on preparing to implement GAO’s Yellow Book!
For Single Audits, the ACPEN panel will cover topics that are relevant to single audits being performed NOW. Following current developments and using the most recent guidance is critical to conducting quality single audits. Hear the details on the latest single audit issues.
New hot topic for 2020 on preparing to implement GASB’s new lease standard! GASB’s new lease standard significantly changes the existing lease guidance for governments. It is imperative that government finance officials and their auditors understand how GASB Statement No. 87 will affect accounting for leases and the effect on governmental reporting. Now is the time to find out about implementation challenges and to start planning a strategy on how to conquer those critical implementation issues!
Finally, you’ll receive an update on the most recent accounting and auditing developments affecting governments and government auditors. This includes Single Audit issues, AICPA and Yellow Book implementation issues, new and recently effective GASB pronouncements, audit issues, and a look at what’s on the horizon. Join ACPEN’s panel of experts as they discuss, not only the technical requirements of new standards, but also the key implementation issues that must be addressed by auditors and their governmental clients! Benefit from their experience and insights from many perspectives, as well as their long experience in governmental accounting and auditing.
- Review most recent governmental accounting and auditing developments
- Discuss the new and recently effective GASB pronouncements
- Find out about the requirements in challenging new standards on fiduciary activities, debt disclosures, leases, and other new GASB standards.
- Hear some hints on how to avoid pitfalls and prepare for a successful implementation of the new lease standard. (Hear the perspective from a seasoned government finance official that is leading the charge to help governments successfully conquer the complex new lease standard!)
- Find out the details about critical implementation and audit issues for governments and auditors tackling other new GASB standards.
- Hear about the most recent developments affecting single audits.
- Discover how new accounting and auditing standards will affect governments and your government practice, including common implementation issues, reporting issues, and best practices.
- Hear guidance from experts on how to avoid common single audit deficiencies.
- Learn the most recent auditing standards, government and Yellow Book/single audit risk alerts, and the latest AICPA audit and accounting guides.
- Find out what GASB projects are on the horizon.