|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
HR Professionals are business leaders who, regardless of their level of experience, are responsible for maintaining a high level of interpersonal proficiency in their job function. The willingness to gain a genuine understanding and respect for diversity and the incorporation of a safe and inclusive environment of employees in the workplace, is a strong measure of the HR Professionals’ efficacy in this area. This training is geared towards improving and/ or elevating the HR Professionals’ knowledge of cultural competence in the workplace and what it means to truly adopt a culture of diversity and inclusivity. When HR professionals take responsibility for teaching others about the differences and benefits that multiple cultures and diverse backgrounds bring to the organization, research shows that companies are more likely to win top talent and yield improvement in customer orientation, employee satisfaction and decision making, as well as a cycle of increasing returns.
- Recognize the multiple dimensions of diversity, such as age, class, culture, disability, ethnicity, etc.
- Develop a global mind-set and cultural fluency by gaining an informed understanding of the concepts of cultural competence, unconscious bias, empathy, diversity and inclusion as it relates to the workplace
- Identify strategies to break cultural barriers and develop deliberate diversity awareness and skill building policies/programs
- D??evelop a culture of deep conviction about the importance of diversity and inclusion in the workplace, in effort to improve employee relationships, productivity and retention efforts of the organization
- Gain an understanding of how the attraction and retention of diverse talent increases competitive advantage for companies overall
- Improve SHRM competencies in the cluster of communication, global and cultural effectiveness, and relationship management
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email email@example.com.