|Full time Accounting Educator:||None|
The field of estate planning is increasingly complex. Finding appropriate solutions to a client’s estate issues upon his/her death are critical to a number of areas, including the estate tax return of the decedent, the decedent’s final income tax return, the income tax return of the estate of the decedent, and the estate and financial planning issues of the heirs of the decedent. This course provides the practitioner an understanding of after-death planning issues of a decedent’s estate.
**Please Note: If you need credit reported to the IRS for this IRS approved program, please download the IRS CE request form on the Course Materials Tab and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To provide a practical understanding of the planning issues facing the estate of a decedent
- Alternative valuation date (AVD) issues
- Portability Issues
- Installment payments of estate taxes (IRC Section 6166)
- QTIP elections under IRC §2056(b)(7)
- The use of qualified disclaimers
- Basis issues
- Final income tax return of the decedent
- Medical expenses of final illness
- Savings bond interest acceleration
- Estate fiscal year and accounting method elections
- The sixty-five-day rule election
- Income and deductions in respect of the decedent (IRD)
This event has already passed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 503-641-7200 or email email@example.com.